.NET

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

AKA_Riviter

.NET

Post by AKA_Riviter »

Probably a stupid question... I am catching back up and have read .Net 2.0 is needed. I installed .Net 3.0. Will having .Net 3.0 instead of .Net 2.0 cause problems with DCS? I did this by mistake. I am encountering different errors when building and analyzing missions and was wondering if this could be the cause.

Also, I have installed the latest versions of the MP, DCS and MySql db. I am able to remotely connect to my databases using Navicat. It seems I am only able to use the "lite" versions of the databases. If I try to run a query on the full version, I get a time out error. The error is due to exceeding 300 sec. during the query. I have setup two different accounts on different web servers and this seems to be the normal server timeout setting. Does anyone have suggestions on this.

Thanks for any help in advance.
AKA_Riviter

Post by AKA_Riviter »

Sorry for the question about the server timeout message when performing a query. I should have searched more. I see the fix should be having the my.ini max packet size fixed... :oops:

Still wondering if the .Net 3.0 could be causing me problems when using DCS.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Riv,

I don't know about .NET3. Any chance you can give us detail on the errors?

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

AKA_Riviter

Post by AKA_Riviter »

Hi 4Shades,

I have the packet size issue fixed. I am building new databases and will do some more testing to see if it was database related. If this doesn't fix the errors, i will post them. :oops: Thanks for reply.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

You know, Riv, I still get people asking for the new sectors to get "original Riviter-style banners". ;)

No pressure, of course. I am just glad to see you back in the community.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

AKA_Riviter

Post by AKA_Riviter »

I can see it. Black and white movie...the mob with its torches... 4Shades in the lead...ready to hang Riv...I deserve it. :oops: Wish RL wouldn't have hit so hard. Shoot me the "list" of sectors...I know it has grown quite a bit and I will see what I can do. :wink: