Sector Marianas is not supported?

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

=69.GIAP=TUSHKA

Sector Marianas is not supported?

Post by =69.GIAP=TUSHKA »

S!

I am an apprentice SEOW admin trying to set up my first campaign. The template uses the Marianas map.

When I try to initialize this template on my SEOW setup I get an error message (Alert) from Scorched Earth DCS (after choosing a date): ":Sector Marianas is not supported in this database. Template initialization ceasing." My only option is "OK" which takes me back to the "Generate/Manage" page where I had started.

I don't know enough to know if this is my error, or if the SEOW version installed by "B16Enk's all-in-one installer for SEOW" really doesn't support the Marianas map (though I'm willing to bet it is my error).

A template based on the North Sea map loads fine.

Since encountering this problem I have updated the database to use innodb tables, with no effect on the immediate problem.

If someone would explain what I have done wrong or what I failed to to, and how I can rectify it, I would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks in advance!
C!

Tushka

Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Tushka,

That message is given by the DCS when it tries to match the map loader string inside the template .mis file with the list of map loader strings held in the Sector_Seasons table. If you use the wrong map for your template, then you might see this error.

For Marianas, SEOW uses the "Marianas/load.ini" map loader, which loads the "Marianas" map in FMB. SEOW does not support the "Marianas Online" map in FMB.

Having said that, maybe your problem is something else. Where did you get that template from? Maybe it is using the wrong map.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

=69.GIAP=TUSHKA

Salute 4Shades!

That is probably it. I suspect the template maker (my Starshina) used the online map. I'll throw this back into his court. :-)

Thanks for the prompt reply (and the incredible software)!
C!

Tushka

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Well, if it is the case, he might be able to simply change the mission loader string in the .mis file to the right one and try again.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

=69.GIAP=TUSHKA

S! 4shades,

That worked nicely, thanks!

Best wishes,
Tushka
C!

Tushka