(Very) NOOB questions

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

AH_Moggy

(Very) NOOB questions

Post by AH_Moggy »

~S~ all.

We're just beginning to explore S.E.O.W. and I have a couple of beginner questions.

I'm trying to set up the system on my computer solely as a local host, to explore the MP within various templates.

Anyway, I have the DCS and DB (Access format) installed. I can access the DB fine in Access. My question is just how to mate the MP with the other two?

When I open the MP main folder, I see 3 sub-folders (Italy, Scripts, and Oslo), with various php and other files in them. At this point, I'm pretty much clueless as to how to proceed from here.

Is it possible to set SEOW up on my machine (as opposed to on a server) to explore it like I've described?

If so, how should I proceed from the initial baby steps that I've been able to take so far?

Thanks for any help!

Moggy
EJGr.Ost_Chamel

Re: (Very) NOOB questions

Post by EJGr.Ost_Chamel »

AH_Moggy wrote:When I open the MP main folder, I see 3 sub-folders (Italy, Scripts, and Oslo), with various php and other files in them.
Image There should be much more subfolders in there! I think you have only downloaded and unzipped the file "MP4-patch-v4.373.zip".
Befor you do this, you have to unzip the file "MP4-v4.360b.zip" to the MP4 folder. You should then find at least 1 folder for every supported sector + some more.

Once you have fixed this, you can mate all components and the database is the central link.

1.) The MP must know where to find databases with the data for the different campaigns/sectors. You can tell him this via the point "Database configuration" (standard password is "admin") at the top of the starting webpage of your MP4 portal or by editing directly the file ../MP4/Scripts/MP-Connection.php .

2.) The DCS must have valid connection data to a running database. You enter these in the tab "Database Settings" in the DCS.

Good luck with your trials. I know, that the start with your own SEOW-server is not easy. But it is worth the effort! ;)

Chamel
AH_Moggy

Post by AH_Moggy »

Thanks, Chamel!