Supply Points - how do I create one?

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

DD_Friar

Supply Points - how do I create one?

Post by DD_Friar »

Sorry to ask but how do I create a supply point please

I want to create an off map air supply / reserves point on the okinawa map.

Salute

Frior
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Frior,

Direct edit of Resupply_Points table. Have a look at some existing air supply and air withdraw points, and make a new one in the same format. The coordinates displayed in the status bar of the MP are the same as those used by the table. So just mouse where you want the new supply point, and use those coords. "r" means Allied control, "g" means Axis control. The Z coord gives the starting altitude for flights planned out of the air supply point.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

II./JG1_RivRat

Post by II./JG1_RivRat »

Can you place Ground Resupply points at factory complexes as nuetral, then have them be captured by either red or blue. Then can I build something at said factory complex and bring it into the game at said created Ground Supply point?

Thx in advance...

RivRat
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi RivRat,

At the moment there is no feature that allows ground supply points to be captured. This is because it can be confusing about what to do with any reinforcements at the points. Is the supply point an "entry" point to the map, or is it a "storage" point? I guess people think of them in different ways, according to scenario. In my mind they are entry points, so you should not capture any reinforcements associated with the supply point

What you can do for your scenario is simply define a red point and a blue point (2 different points) near the target factory. Whoever captures the factory and builds reinforcements will have them placed at the appropriate red or blue supply point nearby.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

II./JG1_RivRat

Post by II./JG1_RivRat »

OK Thats sounds like an idea. Currently working on the Crimea map, Whole thing nutral. Use gliders to insert wherever you want then go at it. Really quite cool how you can play this enlessly and never get the same starting situation. We need to be able to have factories build ground units and then produce and place them in the City/Factory that is building it. Make for some intrestings senerios and are looking forward to going live with "Axis and Allies" soon!

II/JG1_RivRat
II./JG1_RivRat

Post by II./JG1_RivRat »

Any one have a database for Kuban yet?