Changing setting for smoking objects once mission has starte

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

DD_Friar

Changing setting for smoking objects once mission has starte

Post by DD_Friar »

Hello,

Over at the dangerdogz (www.dangerdogz.com) we are 4 weeks into my Italy campaign and things are going well with lots of the guys saying how much they are enjoying the scenario (phew!)
We are having a few problems with frame rates however and someone mentioned that having smoking wreks on the map might be an influence.

I only have the smoke for ships turned off. Is it possible to modify the database to turn off the smoke for destroyed aircraft, vehicles and buildings?
if so, could you point me in the right direction please.

Also, are barrage ballons known to cause a frame rate issue? if so, again am i able to change the settings for these, I have it set to balloons at all occupied airbases.

Cheers
DD_Frior
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Frior,

These things are controlled in the "Combat Environments" tab in the DCS. You can change them from mission to mission, as you see fit.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

DD_Friar

Post by DD_Friar »

thats the trouble with having someone such as your good self, that is happy to reply to enane questions from people who find it quicker to post than to look and explore!

Salute and many thanks.

Cheers
DD_Frior