Retrieving Off Map Fuel Reserves

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

BS8th_Bulau

Retrieving Off Map Fuel Reserves

Post by BS8th_Bulau »

I'm not quite sure how this will work. In our first campaign, just starting today, I have tasked some fuel trucks to go to the nearest off-map Withdraw/Supply point. I am assuming that, next mission, I can then load fuel freight onto those trucks, and then task them to supply ground forces.

Is that the way it is supposed to work?

The last waypoint of the trucks doesn't actually "snap" to the Supply point, but will it show up as available freight as long as it is close?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Yes, it should find the off map reserves as long as it is within the control radius of the supply point.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

BS8th_Bulau

Post by BS8th_Bulau »

Update on this....things went dreadfully awry with the movement of these trucks. Perhaps this should be another thread.

Ostfriesland map, the Supply Point is very close to the airport where the trucks started. It should have been like a five minute trip. After the mission was analyzed, in the MP, the trucks ended up, out of gas, about 100km down the road IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION from where they were supposed to be. I. e., they moved AWAY from the final waypoint.

I think this might have to do with the Relaxed mode of movement we are running. I placed two waypoints for the trucks, the most direct route to the Supply Point, and was expecting their actual path to be displayed, but it wasn't. I now have a feeling that they went the LONG way around, and ran out of gas after 205km. Or, is this how SEOW handles the one hour campaign clock? The trucks still show as a mission underway, but they seem to show out of gas.

This really goes back to my initial misunderstanding of how fuel is handled. I placed the trucks at the airfield, thinking they could freight up from the airfield supply, but discovered that didn't work, so I tasked them to go to the nearest Supply Point, which was VERY close. In retrospect, I should have placed them AT the Supply Point.