Supply Drop Questions

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

BS8th_Bulau

Supply Drop Questions

Post by BS8th_Bulau »

Using the Ju-52, I have loaded it up with fuel freight, laid out the flight path, and selected a couple of Supply drop waypoints.

1. Is that all that's required, or do I also need to select the 18 paratrooper loadout for that aircraft?

2. The MP allowed me to select more than one Supply drop waypoint. How will that work in practice? Will it drop half the freight at each waypoint, or all of it at the first waypoint?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Bulau,

Forget the loadout - that is handled automatically.

The MP should not allow two supply drop waypoints - that's a bug (thanks for the report!). Only use the first one.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

StayHigh

Post by StayHigh »

Hi there,

but whats happend if the Supply Plane is shooted down AFTER passing the supply drop point? Did IL-2 realize that something is droped if i didnt use any loadout? For my understoodness (is that the right word? :?:) it will be like the recon planes - if its down the mission failed.

S!tayHigh
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi StayHigh,

Supply Drops are not like Recon Points. For Recon Points, the aircraft takes a photo and has to fly the photo back to base and get it developed. So if the plane doesn't make it back to base, there is no photo. :(

On the other hand, for Supply Drops, the plane simply has to make it to the right location and push the supplies out the door. Done. No matter what happens to the plane AFTERWARDS, the Supply Drop is established once the plane makes it to that location.

Of course, IL-2 does not tell you WHEN a given AI plane reaches a certain location, so SEOW estimates the arrival time based on the planned waypoint ETA. In some cases you might have a plane actually shot down just prior to reaching the waypoint, but SEOW might count the Supply Drop as successful. In other cases it might be unsuccessful. That is a feature of the estimation - put it down to the luck of war.Over time it will probably even out.

Cheers,
4Shades
Last edited by IV/JG7_4Shades on Wed 09 Jan 2008 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

StayHigh

Post by StayHigh »

Sounds logical to me. Thx!