Flying Planes Off Map

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

DD_Friar

Flying Planes Off Map

Post by DD_Friar »

Hi,
If I was to allow a side to start their planes "off map" (due to a shortage of airfields in the required region), and I choose to have forced landings switched on, will this still work for any flights that come from "off map", will it mean that before the end of the mission, they must get their plane back "off map" agian to prevent it being lost?

many thanks

DD_Friar
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Frior,

The "enforce landings" option only applies to planes piloted by humans, so AI-piloted planes will be unaffected. Those aircraft that are actually flown by a human MUST actually land by mission end, under the enforce lndings rule, otherwise they will automatically be counted as destroyed and the pilots as KIA.

For human-piloted aircraft scheduled to finish Off Map or Withdrawn, the pilot must either land at any airbase or face the consequences of the enforce landings rule. Just flying to your Off Map location will not be sufficient to avoid aircraft loss and pilot KIA. For this reason, the enforce landings rule should not be used lightly. IMHO, it is best saved for carrier campaigns where you want to force pilots to attempt a carrier landing at the end of each mission.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

DD_Friar

Post by DD_Friar »

Ok, thanks for that, looks like I will have to scrub plan A and move to plan B... :? ......which I dont have at the moment!