Tubruk sector problem

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

242Sqn_Chap

Tubruk sector problem

Post by 242Sqn_Chap »

I tried to initialise a Tubruk campaign and had exactly the same problem as PADore today.

I kept adding in T units ...and no matter what the number, it doesn't seem to fix it.

Added in some Regts and Divisions (exactly correct from historical sources)... (and then get the message 'Too many Axis divisions in Tubruk database'...

Although there are about 8 total (and a hell of a lot less than many other sectors).

Is there a section that explains how to do this ?...I have spent hours trying to get it to work.

Whenever I try to add a German formation the null value I get is a [NULL] rather than the little null.

There are other tables also that referance army groups and sectors etc etc etc...thing's that I have never even seen come up in SEOW ingame.

Is there an explanation anywhere how to do this ?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Chap,

The error code "Too many ..." is misleading. Just take it as signifying an error, ignore the code text itself.

I think that you have already indicated the source of the error: the null alignment. In Oleg's infinite wisdom, he assigned alphabetic descriptors for every nationa EXCEPT Germany. Whereas Japan has "ja" and Poland has "pl", Germany was given the 4-letter code "null". This is similar to, but not the same as, the database Null value. So, when ceating a new German division you need to make sure you enter the text string "null" for the Country_ID field. Every army division must have a non-Null Country_ID value.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

I just made a new page at the SEOWiki to add background to this. See http://seowwiki.swil.fr/index.php?title ... _of_Battle

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

242Sqn_Chap

Post by 242Sqn_Chap »

Thanks Shades. This is very handy information for anyone that needs it.

The problem I am having is that when I type in null and save it... when the database refreshes the null reverts to [NULL] ....so its currently impossible to add a german formation.

I don't know if this is SQL specific or a problem with the specific DB that we have set up ?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Chap,

What software application are you using to edit your DB?

Another way to do this is to duplicate some existing German records, then edit the division names etc.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

242Sqn_Chap

Post by 242Sqn_Chap »

I managed to get past this today by switching the Axis forces to Italy nationality and changing the nationality of the two protagonists (which actually is not such a bad thing.)

I have been editing and creating stuff using the SQL DB interface itself.
The only problem I have had with this is the [NULL] as opposed to null value for Land and air Units with German nationality. I tried changing the theatre of existing German entries, and for some reason the [NULL] appears when I did this as well.

Which program do you recommend that I could use to get around this ? (I suppose I could even try and use notepad as it seems to only be these two tables ?).
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Chap,

I spent $110 and bought Navicat. Apart from IL-2 itself, it was the best software purchase I have made for my simming. I think you can d/l a trial version to check it out.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

242Sqn_Chap

Post by 242Sqn_Chap »

I found a way to to do this without any special software, exported the land_Units table as a CVL from the SQL db. Opened it with word pad and then used find & replace to substitute the [NULL] values for "null".

A little unwieldy but it worked.