For Missions Lasting At Least 1.5 Hours......

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

VT-51_Razor

For Missions Lasting At Least 1.5 Hours......

Post by VT-51_Razor »

Have any of you folks out there regularly run SE missions for greater than an hour? AG-51 and JG/11 have been involved with a weekly SE campaign of some kind or another for well over a year now, and as soon as CV operations were supported by SE, we went to hour and a half missions. Initially, they worked just fine, but once we tried to recreate the Battle of Midway, we began encountering problems with the server crashing after about an hour's duration. We moved to the Guadalcanal map and encountered the same problems. We are now on the Stalingrad map, and are experiencing the same problem.

Have any of you all out there had similar experiences? The internet connection seems stable enough. Lag and warpping aren't an issue. Everything is smooth as butter right up to the point where we are discoed. The host machine is just below a Cray in capability.

We're stumped :?
VT-51_Razor
Operations Officer
Air Group 51

Those in aviation, who think they know it all, are particularly annoying to those of us who really do.
JAGD_RC

Post by JAGD_RC »

I'm not sure about servers but I have problems even offline flying one continuous mission for over an hour.

I can fly in HL all day and it's fine. I assumed that there was a memory issue in the game, that starts backing up after so long.

It's worse for me in maps that hold a lot of objects, empty maps aren't too bad. But my bf109 runs out of fuel in just over an hour so it's not much of a problem for me anyway :)
Jager

Post by Jager »

Do you have a download version of IL2? If Boonty is running in the background it can cause a memory leak that will crash IL2 after some time...

On one of our older Campaigns we flew over an hour and no problems there on clients or server.
VT-51_Razor

Post by VT-51_Razor »

Thanks for the replys. We're all running 4.071, which is from the DVD so I doubt that Boonty has anything to do with it.
VT-51_Razor
Operations Officer
Air Group 51

Those in aviation, who think they know it all, are particularly annoying to those of us who really do.