New to Map building

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

VT-51_Thud

New to Map building

Post by VT-51_Thud »

Greetings all!! It's good to be back. As mentioned by Razor in a different thread, our squadron is interested in building the Maps for The Slot. Thanks for the info in how to build a new Sector Map for SEOW.

I do have one concern. I have Office 2007. Is there any problems that you can think of by me using this version?

Also, I would very interested in hearing from the experienced builders on us tackling the Slot as our first project.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Thud,

I haven't yet had a chance to test the MSAccess SEDB (which uses MSAccess 2003 format) with Office 2007. Hopefully it works! That should be the only issue with using Office 2007 with SEOW.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

VT-51_Thud

Post by VT-51_Thud »

Is it possible to srcub out maps, etc from the MP so that our sever only contains Blue-water OPS campaigns? Possibly import/Export as required?

I'm not sure what the storage capacity is for our web service yet so I'm just trying to figure out how to keep this within our current budget.