Reporting Error

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

Cossack

Reporting Error

Post by Cossack »

4shades asked me to post additional info about the SEOW reporting error that we'd found.

On this page http://www.scorchedearthxtreme.org/seow ... ctor=Kuban, you see me listed as 4th_Cossack_AVG and my wing leader 92FG_Max as both having 2 sorties and 2 deaths.

The problem with that is that we both landed successfully and left the game intact.

If you klick on either of our names, you'll see us listed as having 1 KIA and 0 MIA. Scroll down and it lists us as crashed on the second mission.

My wing lead used a mission log parser to yield these results http://www.geocities.com/maxenthor/2-2-2007_2.htm which show us to be alive and well.

Any ideas on what happened?
Hitcher

Post by Hitcher »

In this particular campaign, the 'Enforced Landings' option has been enabled, which means that if your aircraft does not make a successful landing, you will be counted as killed. This option is used to make sure players make credible efforts to RTB before the end of the mission and to make fuel consumption a serious concern. Again, it is only an option and can be changed.

In the first mission, it shows that you were both killed and in the second mission it says you both crashed. Unfortunately, it appears that the stats are accurate in this case.
Hitcher
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

The error is that it is reported that we crashed in the 2nd mission. Both pilots landed successfully and without damage. I even have the logfile from that mission reporting that both pilots landed.

Code: Select all

[11:37:42 PM]	Chat: --- 92FG_Max is on the ground safe and sound.
[11:37:53 PM]	Chat: --- 4th_Cossack_AVG is on the ground safe and sound.
So how do we get the report files corrected?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Cossack,

Many thanks for taking the trouble to report here. Now that I have some more information I will inspect the Kuban database to see what is going on.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Hitcher

Post by Hitcher »

The stats can be manually edited by anyone with access to the database for the campaign. The problem with that is one of the work and time necessary to keep up with it all, verify it and post it. If Shades can find a fix, that would be the best option.
Hitcher
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

That is good news about fixing the report history, but it is odd that the log files could have been read in such a way.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

SEOW has long ago made the ruling that it uses the eventlog as the sole authoritative record of the mission actions. I suspect that you were also relying on the client log file, which occasionally reports different things. I have asked the admins of the Kuban campaign to send me the relevant logfile so I can make sure.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Hitcher

Post by Hitcher »

Unfortunately, the eventlog for this mission was not kept by the host and I no longer have a copy myself.

In the Kuban, it will be up to Brandle to make any modifications to the record via the database.
Hitcher
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Yes, I still have the event log for that mission as well as last night's mission where the problem was repeated. Last nights are already being sent through channels.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Cossack,

Your bug report has been confirmed. It is a failure of the landing logic for multi-crewed aircraft. If the pilot has changed seat after landing, the correct landing status is not reported if the "Enforce Landings" option is on.

This will be fixed for the next patch release. Many thanks for your report.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Glad to have been of assistance.