Way to run 64 player COOP missions? 2+ hour mission plots?

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

RAF74_Buzzsaw

Way to run 64 player COOP missions? 2+ hour mission plots?

Post by RAF74_Buzzsaw »

Salute All

Wondering if there is a way to enable 64 human players to fly in a COOP mission?

Is there an AAA mod for this or a way to do it through the DCS?

2nd Question:

Is there a way to avoid the 2 hour limit on plotting during missions? I am running a campaign which uses a large map and slow bombers and to return to base takes more than two hours.

Thanks in advance

RAF74 Buzzsaw
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Buzz,

I believe there is a Mod to run 64-player coops. I know that the AWI and HistorySFX mods do this, but I am pretty sure that there is an AAA mod for it too.

One the extended planning times, this is certainly an SEOW feature. The MP (v4.450) has a configuration file where the planning duration limits are set. You need to edit MP-Configuration.php and change the durations to suit what you want. The unwanted side-effect of this is that the settings are "universal", i.e. they apply to ALL sectors simultaneously.

Note that the upcoming release of SEOW sees these config settings shifted into the DB, programmable through the new DCS. This means they will be programmable for each sector individually. :)

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

102nd-HR-cmirko

Post by 102nd-HR-cmirko »

hi m8,

here is the file needed - if you use CRT=2 all players joining server must have same file, here is a part of readme from History mod_pack

http://161.53.204.25/SERVER/64coop.rar

4 Player CO-OP function enabled. (FC & SLovakians)

This should make a big differance in future:-
HOWEVER it changes the way that you have to launch co-ops slightly. Select MULTIPLAYER , then the NUMBER of PLAYER then game type, DO NOT press LAUNCH (it may CTD) ,il2 should just automatically switch to mission selection screen.

whole History pack readme can be seen on this link
http://102nd.in.rs/distribution/viewtop ... f=62&t=606
RAF74_Buzzsaw

Post by RAF74_Buzzsaw »

Salute

Thanks very much Shades and 102nd-HR-cmirko, that information was very helpful. :D

Cheers RAF74 Buzzsaw
RAF74_Buzzsaw

Post by RAF74_Buzzsaw »

102nd-HR-cmirko wrote:hi m8,

here is the file needed - if you use CRT=2 all players joining server must have same file, here is a part of readme from History mod_pack

http://161.53.204.25/SERVER/64coop.rar

4 Player CO-OP function enabled. (FC & SLovakians)

This should make a big differance in future:-
HOWEVER it changes the way that you have to launch co-ops slightly. Select MULTIPLAYER , then the NUMBER of PLAYER then game type, DO NOT press LAUNCH (it may CTD) ,il2 should just automatically switch to mission selection screen.

whole History pack readme can be seen on this link
http://102nd.in.rs/distribution/viewtop ... f=62&t=606
Salute 102nd-HR-cmirko

The 'Read me' link is for a larger install of the Full (HSFX) Mod release Version 3.0. Is the download link you gave for just the 64 player COOP mod, or do I need to install all the Full (HSFX) Mod release Version 3.0 package to get 64 player coops?

In which folder does the file go?

Thanks for your help RAF74 Buzzsaw
102nd-HR-cmirko

Post by 102nd-HR-cmirko »

hi m8,

History SFX is a mod_pack which some parts of seow community use to play their games...., you are more than welcome to download and install it if you like the readme, it already contains 64 player mod needed to host and play this missions with CRT=2 among a really great feature set :) (of course all players who want to participate in CRT=2 game have to have same mod pack installed).

The file/folder I've linked is standalone mod of 64 player coops which can be included in your own mod_pack, if you would only like to use this mod just drop the folder in your mods folder and follow the instructions written here...

Code: Select all

we will also start testing 128 player coops (probably next weekend) - i could link this mod if you would like to test it (it also will fix this "special" procedure for start of game...)
Jager

Post by Jager »

Yes please :lol:

Does it also correct the problem that you can't return to main menu from the selection screen where you choose what MP mode to choose?