How setup template for paratoopers assault?

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

Ala13_Nachote

How setup template for paratoopers assault?

Post by Ala13_Nachote »

Hello

Im building a new template for the new SEOW version and i want use the new paratroopers assault feature, have read the SeowWiki but i have some questions.
The game version will be 4.08m without mods and the planes involved will be Ju52 and Li2.
Then, which game objects must i put in the template for use as paratroopers/ground forces?, i suppose that i must charge them in the planes, plan a flight and drop him with the A option over the place i want conquer, isnt it?
Also, can i select paratrooper as loadout in the planes?

Thanks in advance.

Ala13_Nachote
www.ala13.com
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Nachote,

Some general information:

*) Any aircraft can be designated as a transport by giving it a non-zero Transport_Capacity value in Object_Specifications. By default, Ju-52, C-47, Li-2, L2D are enabled as transports.

*) Any ground unit can be designated as a paratroop unit by giving it a non-zero Paratroop value in Object_Specifications. By default a few MG units and spies are listed as paratroop units. Only paratroop units can be used in paratrooper assault missions. Paratroop units have "(paratroop)" in their tooltips.

*) To make a paratrooper assault mission, you need to load your paratroop unit onto a transport flight as freight. Make sure your paratroop unit weight is small enough to fit on your transport plane!

*) If your transport flight is flying a paratrooper assault mission, then it will be given a parachute loadout if one is defined for that aircraft type. The transport flight (AI for 4.08 ) will drop the parachutes at the designated location.

*) Losses of the parachutes from enemy strafing/flak will subtract from the strength of the paratroop unit on the ground in the next mission. Some parachutes will be counted as supplies, some as soldiers, so not all destroyed parachutes will count as destroyed soldiers. If all parachutes are destroyed, then the assault fails and the paratroop unit is annihilated.

Please note that a SEOW patch will shortly be released that corrects a bug with human-flown assault flights.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Ala13_Nachote

Post by Ala13_Nachote »

Hi 4Shades :)

Thanks for your quick answer, ill try it.
¿do you remember wich MG units are defined as paratroop units?

Cheers
Nachote
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

No I can't remember just at the moment. Have a look in your DB or on the Costs page in the MP.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Ala13_Nachote

Post by Ala13_Nachote »

Ok 4Shades thanks again :)
Ala13_Nachote

Post by Ala13_Nachote »

Hello 4Shades.

I have done a test with paratroopers with odd results.

I setup 2 missions: one german fligth with Ju52 and 4 paratroops mg units loaded and one red with LI2 and 4 paratroops mg units, the german one drop the paras over a non occuped base in P16 in order to conquer it, and the red one drop his paras over a occuped base with lots of AAA.

-The german plane drop his paras with no losses but the german unit is not shown any longer in the list of german units neither in the map !!!

-The red plane drop his paras near a enemy airbase with great losses by the AA but some of then arrive at ground, but in stadistics 2 units as shown as killed and 1 unit in ground, where is the other one?

I have track of this.

Here you have the stadistics:
http://www.ala13.com/SEOW/Statistics/MP ... ctor=Kuban

as an anecdote you can see 1/383 Rifle Co. 4, Plat. 3 is destroyed one time and strafed 3 times :).

and i send you by pm the admin data.

Cheers

Ala13_Nachote
Last edited by Ala13_Nachote on Thu 19 Mar 2009 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Nachote,

Yes, I think the missing German paratroopers probably have bad spatial coordinates in ObjMissionData - known bug with patch coming.
Maybe this is true for the Allied paratroopers, not sure yet.

Many thanks for the bug report!

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Ala13_Nachote

Post by Ala13_Nachote »

Thanks to you by your ever quick response.