Does SE run on Vista?

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

RAF74_Buzzsaw

Does SE run on Vista?

Post by RAF74_Buzzsaw »

Salute

Wondering if SE runs on Vista, and if so are there any requirements or issues which need to be addressed to make it function correctly?

Thanks RAF74 Buzzsaw
VT-51_Thud

Post by VT-51_Thud »

32 bit Vista should runs fine. That's what I am using.

The 64-bit Vista requires some tweeking to get it to work properly with MySql. There's some info on the web to make it work but I have not done so yet succesfully.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Buzz and Thud,

I seem to remember CrazyIvan saying he had got MySQL running on 64-bit Vista at some stage.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

RAF74_Buzzsaw

Post by RAF74_Buzzsaw »

Salute

Thanks for the replies gentlemen. :)
VT-51_Thud

Post by VT-51_Thud »

IV/JG7_4Shades wrote:I seem to remember CrazyIvan saying he had got MySQL running on 64-bit Vista at some stage.
Excellent news, I will have to see what he had to do, Thank you.

Yer welcome Buzzsaw.
docattak

Post by docattak »

EasyPHP server is easy to set up, as are one or two others. It provides a MySQL and php server which allows SE to run. Note : MySQL and several other of the free servers MUST NOT be installed into the Program Files folder as permissions etc. will stop it from working even if you are the administrator! Just install it on your C drive.

Hope this helps anyone finding such things do not run on Vista. Vista is a pile of total rubbish and I'm glad it has been kicked into touch by Microsoft.

Cheers

Doc