Adding Factories

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

VT-51_Thud

Adding Factories

Post by VT-51_Thud »

I came across a thread recently that discussed adding factories to an excisitng map that can be used for producing materials. I can't seem to find it now. Is it possible to add factories that can produce materials (tanks, etc)?
We are planning a new campaign on the New Guinea map.

Here's the default factories in the SEDB32 file.

http://members.cox.net/thud/Factories.pdf
PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

Yes you have 2 things to do:
- Include industrial objects in your campaign template (fuel + factories) and place a stationary object INSIDE.
- Report records in Industrial table

4Shades in SEOWwiki: "As a rule of thumb, we usually consider any factory building with 3 or more chimneys as a valid major factory installation, and any fuel dump with 6 or more fuel tanks as a valid fuel facility, but as map builder you can make your own convention about what deserves to be an installation in your map. In FMB, locate all such facilities on the map and place a stationary object INSIDE the fuel tank or factory. Save the FMB file and find the X,Y,Z coordinates of the stationaries and use them to build new records for the Industrial_Installations table. In that table you can ignore the Sm_x,Sm_y,Sm_z,Sm_h,Destruction_Code,Event_Date and Production_Points fields, but the other fields are all necessary. Every factory and fuel dump should have its own unique name. Stick to the naming conventions already in the table. "

Note: With mod maps, you can modify actors.static to include new buildings in the map. See SEOWwiki for details.

Thanks for your useful factories pdf ;-)
VT-51_Thud

Post by VT-51_Thud »

Thank you. I knew I read it but just could find it. :)

Glad you like the PDF table. I can easily create PDF tables from the DB files so if there are any particular ones you think are helpful please let me know.

I think it is pretty amazing when you look at the tables to see how much coding is involved it putting the SEOW together.
VT-51_Thud

Post by VT-51_Thud »

It was actually easier than I thought it would be. Thanks for the help. :)