technical Supernoobs need install help

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

II/JG54_Emil

technical Supernoobs need install help

Post by II/JG54_Emil »

Hi SEOW-lers,

is someone willing to explain some noobs on TS how to set this complex monster up? Preferably in German.

We II/JG54 want to run a dynamic BoB-campaing on the English_Channel_Map and thin SEOW has the capacity to manage this. But how to set this bugger up?

All files are named differen in the DL-section and right now I´m at the point where I don`t know anymore what´s front and what´s back.
:?

If someone would and could help us/me it would be great.

Best Regards,
II/JG54 Emil
PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

Sorry I don't speak german but you'll find all answers in SEOW Wiki

The Latest Official Release Versions

SEDCS

SEDCS3.2.2 <=== changed 13 April 2009

MP

MP4-v4.540 = MP4-v4.520 (28/02/2009)+ MP4 Patch v4.520 to v4.540 <=== changed 13 April 2009

Statistics

Statistics v1.118 <=== changed 29 March 2009

SEDB

SEDB32B + "Sardegna" Patch <=== changed 4 April 2009
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Emil,

Try to track down Chamel or Quax in the German community. They have good SEOW expertise.

Failing that, follow the SEOW Wiki instructions and post here if you have any problems. I recommend PHP v5 and MySQL v5, as a starter.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil »

ok I tried it myself now and got until Step 6. Configuring the MP

I want to add the Host Address, Host Name, Login Name and Password, so that the Mission Planner can automatically access the SEOW database.

It asks me:Please Enter Admin Password right away.
I then enter the password and nothing happens.
CHMOD is set to 644 anything else will cause a internal server error 500.

If I click on Scorched Earth Campaign Sectors I get the following erromessage:

Warning: main(adodb/adodb.inc.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/web540/html/SEOW/MP4/Scripts/default-iron.php on line 7

Warning: main(adodb/adodb.inc.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/web540/html/SEOW/MP4/Scripts/default-iron.php on line 7

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'adodb/adodb.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/web540/html/SEOW/MP4/Scripts/default-iron.php on line 7

Warning: main(adodb/toexport.inc.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/web540/html/SEOW/MP4/Scripts/default-iron.php on line 8

Warning: main(adodb/toexport.inc.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/web540/html/SEOW/MP4/Scripts/default-iron.php on line 8

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'adodb/toexport.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/web540/html/SEOW/MP4/Scripts/default-iron.php on line 8
II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil »

how could set up the sql acces manually in the files if all goes wrong?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Edit MP4/Scripts/MP-Connection.php with a text editor. Have a read of the contents.

Have you got your DCS connecting to your databases?

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil »

in the MP-Connection.php I find the word password sveral times. Should I replace it with the Database password?

I installed SEDCS3.2.
It asks for Serveraddress(www.gruenherzjaeger.de), Serverloginname(filled in), Serverloginpassword(filled in), databasename(filled in the database-namewhere I uploaded the SEDB32B_EnglishChannel) and port(I tried 21, 80). All negative.

I think I´m so close, but Idon´t understand any of that stuff :?
II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil »

I found the tet in the MP-Connection.php and changed to the relevant info took away the // but still no luck.

And just in case you want to ask:
MySQL-Client-Version: 5.0.67
PHP 4/5

Is there a chance to make a TS date to talk this through?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Emil,

The default MySQL port is 3306.

I recommend you visit us at SEOW HQ Teamspeak server. Go to seowhq.net and you will see the TS server details. Password is "seow". My timezone is GMT+8, so I am about 7 hours ahead of you. I am usually at the server during my mornings and evenings on the weekend. Just drop in, say hello and fire away with questions! :)

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil »

I`m online now and chatting with Brandle. :)

I really need your help with the MySQL-setup. Can we get together on TS some time?
II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil »

I think the mistake is that I haven´t asked the webhost to change the my.ini for the MySQL Database, to:
# Local extensions for SEOW
lower_case_table_names=2

#Use old password encryption method (needed for 4.0 and older clients).
old-passwords

#extend query chunk size to something sensible
max_allowed_packet=64M

Also, make sure that your PHP has the MySQL extension loaded. This is enabled by default in some PHP releases, but not the recent PHP v5.2.x releases. You do this in the php.ini file of your PHP installation folder. Simply uncomment the MySQL extension line. That is, change:

;extension=php_mysql.dll

to

extension=php_mysql.dll
II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil »

Our providers answer to the inquiery of change of my.ini etc was

The MySQL server has the following settings:
lower_case_table_names = 0
max allowed packet = 33,554,432
old passwords = OFF

Now is this causing any problems? apparently yes or else I could install all fine couldn´t I?

Is there any other solution for our settings?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Emil,

It should still work with your ISP settings, but may not be as efficient as otherwise.

I was looking for you on TS last weekend, but missed you. We'll try again this weekend!

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil »

I can´t be online this weekend. But we have a public holiday today so I will be on TS all day and keep sound superloud in order to hear if someone joins.

I see it´s evening time in Perth, so if you have 15 minutes time than we can look for a solution.