Island aircraft operations

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

E69_vencejo

Island aircraft operations

Post by E69_vencejo »

Hi again
I have a problem witch aircraft based in islands airfields.
I put last point of aircraft flight landing at airfield. In Mission Planner a can see it:

[img][img]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m134 ... gen1-6.jpg[/img]

First problem is aircraft in rearm period. I advance clock 1 hour, 10 hour´s etc. and ever aircraft is in rearm period.

If i tray make a mission witch this aircraft, a windows open:

[img][img]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m134 ... gen2-6.jpg[/img]

After change to aircraft units based on carrier in MP and return to aircraft ground based , i can make a flight plan for him, but landing point go to carrier, and not in airfield.

I tray it witch Marianas, Midway and Guadalcanal maps.

I think that the problem is about operative/inoperative airfield. Help please. Thanks.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi vencejo,

A couple of things I note:

1/ You are using an old version of SEOW, since your Japanese air regiment name would appear as "104th Dokuritsu Dai Shijugo Chutai IJA" in the latest Mission Planner. This is not a major issue, but be aware that there is new functionality available now in SEOW.

2/ There are no airbase icons visible on your Mission Planner screen. If everything is OK, there should be windsocks visible for unoccupied airbases, and rising sun icons for occupied airbases. The lack of icons leads me to suspect that the database you are using for your Marianas campaign is not the Marianas database, e.g. it might be a Guadalcanal database. I recommend you set up a dedicated marianas database and tell the Mission Planner to use that for the Marianas sector. Then, even without initializing your campaign, you should be able to see airbase icons on the map screen.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer