Units not moving...need some advice

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

JAGD_RC

Units not moving...need some advice

Post by JAGD_RC »

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble with ground units not moving. I'm using the access DB with current patches. I redownloaded the DB and started fresh to avoid the chance that I buggered something up.

I've tried several maps, and seem to find the same trouble but it's spuratic.

I set waypoints for ground units, sometimes they follow them and sometimes they don't follow them, and they don't move at all. It happens with ships too. But it's strange sometimes, axis ships move and allied ones don't or vise-versa. Sometimes tanks will drive fine and then get stuck at a bridge, undestroyed and the bridge icon is there.

When the ships do it, they just don't move at all. Mission_objective table shows identical waypoints from mission to mission, while the MP shows units are In Progress.

The logfile is complete, I know if the 'End mission' time is missing this can happen, which is logical.

I tried using all the complex ground movement options but in smolensk i had tank, truck and bridge problems. Gulf of finland (allied ship problems) and Kurland (axis and allied ship problems)

Am I doing something wrong? Missing something?

I'm stumped, any ideas? I never had this problem before the DSC3. BTW DCS3 is really nice to use :)
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hmm, got me stumped too. Can you send me your DB to check it out please?

Also, just to make sure, are you using the DCS in an English language environment?

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

JAGD_RC

Post by JAGD_RC »

Sent a PM to the DB and the MP address for Kurland.
JAGD_RC

Post by JAGD_RC »

I have fog of war turned off on the other map ( i'm pretty sure) but I'll check it out.

Also, I was thinking that I've been patching my install since about SEDB23, so maybe it just needs to get wiped out and give it a fresh install.

Thanks for taking the time to look at it for me!