Greetings, query of SOG management and possible bug report.

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

=69.GIAP=RATNIK

Greetings, query of SOG management and possible bug report.

Post by =69.GIAP=RATNIK »

S! and greetings to all.

I posted the following in the SEOWHQ forums and Viff suggested I post this here for your attention, which might hopefully influence future developments or net me some useful suggestions.

This relates to trouble I am having between the Crimea and Kuban ship Supply points of the new Multi-Sector campaign.

My role is to track supply (fuel) in Crimea, where we are in a pickle against the Axis horde. We have sent tanker ships to Kuban, who load them up and send them back to us to help keep our shores swimming in supply.

But this is becoming problematic and I was wondering if there is an easier way.

In my mind there are two ways in which to accomplish something like this, but with both there is a problem.

Option 1 - Transfer of reserves: Have Kuban offload supply to their off-map supplies, (I don't know if this is possible), then we transfer the supplies through the SOG transfer of reserves, and can load our tankers on our side. The advantage is that there is no equipment transfer required, but neither Kuban nor Crimea reserves show up in the SOG Transfer or Reserves dropdown list.

Option 2 - Transfer of equipment: Send empty tankers to Kuban, they are loaded there, then withdrawn, then transferred via SOG transfer of equipment interface, then I commition them on Crimea side. The problem is that there are many tankers in both the Kuban and the Criema supply points, and i have problems both with the SOG transfer and when commitioning units back to Crimea. There is no way to tell what units are loaded with cargo in the SOG interface, or to select specific units for transfer. So at the moment I have to unload all tankers each side, only transfer the loaded one (I don't even know if the supply is transferred along with the tanker), and then withdraw all the empty ones again. Unfortunately, this has not worked because some tankers did not show up in the map after I commitoned them and 3 out of 5 are now lost, but that is another matter and a possible SEOW bug. Option 1 might be the easier way to do this, otherwise another posibility would be to have 2 supply points, one for outgoing and one for incoming equipment.

I trust you will agree that the transfer of supply in a multi-sector environment should not be this complicated.

Any assistance or advise would be sincerely appreciated.
Last edited by =69.GIAP=RATNIK on Tue 29 Dec 2009 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
=69.GIAP=RATNIK

Oops there is one option I did not consider.

=69.GIAP=TUSHKA let me know that when units are withdrawn, the supply they are using to run and the supply they are carrying all get transferred into the offmap supply and I have to transfer the tanker and the supply seperately. This makes the problem of identifying the loaded tanker moot.

So mostly solved, I am still interested in where my other tankers went though :wink:
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Ratnik,
So mostly solved, I am still interested in where my other tankers went though
So am I! Are you saying that you transferred some tankers from one sector to another, and they did not appear in the second sector? Or are you saying that you tried to commission some tankers from reinforcements in the second sector, and in the commissioning stage the tankers vanished?

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

=69.GIAP=RATNIK

S! 4Shades :D
IV/JG7_4Shades wrote: Or are you saying that you tried to commission some tankers from reinforcements in the second sector, and in the commissioning stage the tankers vanished?
Yes. I commitioned 5 tankers, only 1 of which was transferred from the first sector, but I could only see the first 2 in the planner. I thought the others might be hiding under the icons, or were not spawned because of the first 2 clogging the SP, so I withdrew the 2 I could select again.

But now there are no tankers on map, and only 2 in supply. In other words, I lost 3 tankers.

The names of the 3 lost tankers are:
VfSSSR Fleet 3, Flot. 3 (Maritime)
VfSSSR Fleet 3, Flot. 4 (Maritime)
VfSSSR Fleet 3, Flot. 5 (Maritime)

and when I now try to commision a new unit, I am able to select these names of the lost tankers in the dropdown menu, but when hitting commit, SEOW denies my request because it says there is a unit with that name in existence.

The names of the first 2 units were
VfSSSR Fleet 3, Flot. 1 (Maritime)
VfSSSR Fleet 3, Flot. 2 (Maritime)
and I am able to commision new units with those names now that they are withdrawn again.

So the units exist, they are just either not visible and selectable in the Crimea map, or they exist somewhere outside the boundaries of the map.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

or they exist somewhere outside the boundaries of the map.
Correct - the supply point was too close to the boundaries of the map and successive ships were commissioned slightly outside the map. Should be fixed now.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer