Name for new units

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

Ala13_Mdie

Name for new units

Post by Ala13_Mdie »

Hi everyone:

I've found that when you are going to name a unit produced in the factories, just after selecting the unit you want to create (type and quantity), in the list of possible names appears all the names available in the database, and this makes that putting a name to a new unit becomes dificult, because from certain quantity of army units in the map/battlefield its difficult to know if a given name is free or if there's a unit with this name already.

I'm not sure at all, but it seems that all those names are in the tables: 'Airforce_Units' and 'Army_Units', so could it be possible in future versions that when you open the 'possible unit name' scroll only appear those that are free? It would make faster to create new units.

Thanks and S!
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Mdie,

This commonly occurs when you are using a District map view (rather than the whole Sector map view). It is a bug. The work-around is to use the whole Sector map view when commissioning new units. In this view, the listed choices of platoons/flotillas/flights are guaranteed to be free and available for new commissions.

If this suggestion doesn't work, please let me know.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer