Global fuel consumption rate

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

EAF331_Starfire

Global fuel consumption rate

Post by EAF331_Starfire »

I read through de feature documentation but are still in doubt when it comes to planes.
If I increase "Global fuel consumption rate" to 2 (double) will this means that fuel consumption will double flying in IL-2 or just that that the fuel subtracted from the airfield will be doubled?

The background for asking are that I am about to initiate a campaign on the Africa-Italy-Greecce map (Mediterranean); A map that I belive to be 1/4 scale. To make missions more realistic, I have reduced the maximulm allowed fuel for planes to 25%.
But...if the fuel consuption while flying in Il-2 are increased to double or quadruble I doubt that our mission will be more than a sighseeing around the local base :lol:
Waiting for HSFX 6 support ;-)
102nd-HR-cmirko

Post by 102nd-HR-cmirko »

you can never actually change Il-2 game settings while playing with SE DCS, so your second idea is correct, if you change global fuel consumption to 2 all of the units on map will need double the amount of fuel for all operations then previously specified in DB.