Enforced landings PER SIDE?

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

102nd-YU-Devill

Enforced landings PER SIDE?

Post by 102nd-YU-Devill »

Hi Shades,

I was thinking about making a historical template for Operation Husky, ie. the firs few days of it, since our central Med and Malta maps show just that part of Sicily...

However, the biggest problem was that the blue side would have nowhere to land after the first ground battles start to develop around Gela and Capo Passero... :(

The take-off is not a problem, since we would presume that blue airforce is coming from airbases in Italy, but what can they do, if they have nowhere to land?

On the other hand, I wouldn't switch the "enforced landings" option off, because I think it is very important for allied planes to land, since some of them have to land on CVs and some on Panteleria or Malta, which would severely influence (for the benefit of reality) the time they would be able to spend supporting the beachhead.

So, my suggestion is: could it be possible to separate the enforced landings option, so that one side has to land and the other is alive if the stay in the air until the end of the mission?

I think it could be useful for simulating other ATTACK/DEFEND scenarios such as strategic bombing campaigns, etc...

Cheers!
=gRiJ=Petr

Post by =gRiJ=Petr »

Hey Devill,

Good idea, would be a nice feature to play with in many campaigns.

Cheers,
Petr
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi guys,

The code to do this is easy enough, but I am actually running out of GUI space in the Flight Environments tab in the DCS!

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

102nd-YU-Devill

Make Flight Environments page 2? :wink:

:twisted:

P.S. So, no dice on this?
PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

Yes, Vladimir, good idea ;-) And this will give some work to Shades, he likes that ;-)

For your Husky campaign, if you need it, I can send to you a new sector I built for our next campaign(depending if you need Africa part or not):
Italy_Greece admin/password
102nd-YU-Devill

Hi JiPi!

I took a look at the map, but unfortunately I think it is too small for what I want. I would like to try a battle with the emphasis on amphibious landing.

So I need a good size map for the coastal regions at least, in order to be able to simulate the importance of displacement of defending forces.

The Sicily in Malta map is about 170km wide and 60km deep in the east (the visible part) which gives me much more room for ground warfare.

This map you have here would be very nice for a Greek campaign :) Maybe extending to the invasion of Crete with the Crete map? I was thinking about this also... :)