Recon stats

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

102nd-YU-Devill

Recon stats

Post by 102nd-YU-Devill »

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to record and display "smoke taps" in SEOW stats for human recon sorties?

Is it then possible to have, in mission stats and event something like (line copied from "Complete Combat Actions List (Chronological)" and edited):

111. 13:40:07 R_102nd-YU-Chief Tu-2S Tushka 35th GvBAP VVS Esk. 3, Zv. 2 photographed "target"

The "target", or how would we measure the success of the recon run, for this pilot is the following: either we compare the coordinates of the smoke tap with the planned recon waypoint, or we record what did the recon photo actually reveal?

Example 1:

111. 13:40:07 R_102nd-YU-Chief Tu-2S Tushka 35th GvBAP VVS Esk. 3, Zv. 2 photographed "Rec. Waypoint no.5"

Example 2:

111. 13:40:07 R_102nd-YU-Chief Tu-2S Tushka 35th GvBAP VVS Esk. 3, Zv. 2 photographed 88mm Flak 18 1/12 AA Div Co. 4, Plat. 2
112. 13:40:12 R_102nd-YU-Chief Tu-2S Tushka 35th GvBAP VVS Esk. 3, Zv. 2 photographed 37mm Flak 18 1/103 Art Regmt Co. 2, Plat. 3
113. 13:40:12 R_102nd-YU-Chief Tu-2S Tushka 35th GvBAP VVS Esk. 3, Zv. 2 photographed 88mm Flak 18 1/78 Art Regmt Co. 4, Plat. 4
114. 13:40:12 R_102nd-YU-Chief Tu-2S Tushka 35th GvBAP VVS Esk. 3, Zv. 2 photographed AT Bunker 3/78 Infanterie Co. 3, Plat. 3
115. 13:40:12 R_102nd-YU-Chief Tu-2S Tushka 35th GvBAP VVS Esk. 3, Zv. 2 photographed AT Bunker 3/78 Infanterie Co. 4, Plat. 1
116. 13:40:12 R_102nd-YU-Chief Tu-2S Tushka 35th GvBAP VVS Esk. 3, Zv. 2 photographed Sd.Kfz.6/2 37mm Flak 4/103 Art Regmt Co. 1, Plat. 3

I know stats are not a priority, but I really think it could be beneficial to implement some system of valor for recon missions.

It would give more incentive for pilots to volunteer for them.

Cheers!
II/JG77Hawk_5

Post by II/JG77Hawk_5 »

Hi Devil,
do you intend for enemy forces to be able to see this information as well?

Personally? I can't say I agree with the concept but this is purely my personal preference for campaigning.

This is not however, to say the idea does not have any merit.

I can understand where larger squads that have difficulty in getting more involved in these less glamorous/less action types of missions, would see this as a nice feature. Maybe if there were seperate stats screens for Axis and Allies?

To me, more detailed stats turns the focus away from the overall campaign progress and final outcome and more onto personal achievment.

The ultimate reward for good recon is good recon results and is a vital role for campaign success. Maybe these pilots do not understand its importance?
I would never want the enemy to know I has succeeded in getting any recon of anything as it would let them know what you know, but again, this is only my opinion and campaigning preference.

In a naval campaign such as Pacific 42 which I am currently involved with, zero level of recon can supply information on where the enemy isn't and does not mean that a pilot has done poorly if there are no contacts to report.

I do understand that flying for 3 hours over open water with no land in sight with little or possibly no result at the end is difficult for some to be enthusiastic about. However, when someone is fully involved in a campaign they will see recon for the critical role that it is and gladly fly these missions. The Pacific theatre probably just sees the most extreme example of this type of mission.

Cheers,
Hawk 5
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

This is all interesting. As always, I am interpreting these ideas and you might soon see something along these lines.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

102nd-YU-Devill

@Hawk5,

Hmmm, I actually agree that it would not be good for the enemy to see what units you have uncovered. But my other proposal to note that the pilot has successfully reached his recon waypoint and photographed it would be quite ok in that respect because the enemy wouldn't know where it was. Or just note photographing event in the mission log, even if it is done anywhere.

I don't really see how personal achievement is bad for SEOW, and I can't expect everyone to have the same interest as I do. This is exactly why SEOW is so good, you can find something for everyone, as long as they understand what is it about. So SEOW is not about kills and medals, but if they are awarded I am sure it couldn't hurt :)

@Shades,

I am glad you are working on it, I can't wait to see what new stuff you will cook up for us ;)

Cheers mates!
102nd-YU-Devill

New Statistics function to support reporting of recon photo events. This has been released via MPAutoUpdater, and is in Statistics v1.147.
Thank you Sir Shades!!! :)