Re airfield topups

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

WTE_Ikey

Re airfield topups

Post by WTE_Ikey »

Hi all,

Is the related topic/answer still the way to go as I see the links dated 2007 & not sure if any other ways developed since then.

http://seowhq.net/seowforum/viewtopic.p ... ht=top+ups

Added question to this is reason for aircraft bay(s) not becoming available for a replacement topup if an aircraft is lost & there's one in supply .Does the 'bay' = flight of 3 or 4 .

cheers
Ikey
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Ikey,

Top ups refer to reinforcements of understrength flights, not airbases. Understrength flights can be re-strengthed in two ways:

1. Directly, via top ups from the reinforcement pool (if any corresponding airframes are available).

2. Indirectly, by withdrawing the understrength flight (which decommissions it) then re-commissioning it at full strength using extra airframes from the reinforcement pool (if available).

The number of bays at an airbas refers to the number of locations for parking airframes or for placing AAA at that airbase. Currently the AAA bays are not filled by SEOW, i.e. flak guns are left at their normal unit locations.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

WTE_Ikey

Post by WTE_Ikey »

Hi 4Shades,

I probably need to understand how the Free Berths are set up.
Using Pachino Airfield (Fortress Malta) as example & the direct method there's understrength flights at the base with similar airframe at one of the air supply points but atm 0 a/c berths so cant top up.
At what point do berths free up to allow reinforcements.

Cheers
Ikey
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

I probably need to understand how the Free Berths are set up.
No mate, I need to understand it! :shock:

You are right, there is a check in the MP to prevent top ups at full airbases. What I need to do is display on the tooltip what the airbase capacity is. The only way to free up bays at an airfield is to transfer flights out of the airbase, reducing the airframe count.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

WTE_Ikey

Post by WTE_Ikey »

Ok thanks m8,

Should be able to continue on my merry way now.
cheers
Ikey
JG26_Badger

Airfield Tpp Up flights

Post by JG26_Badger »

Hi 4Shades:

I have noticed something regarding the top up flights. In my database I have my normal group strength on most flights to 2 instead of 4 for the Axis AC. I have recon and Transport flights for normal group strength of 1. This was set in the object specs table for each of the units.

So I have understrengthed units that I wanted to Top Up. For example stuka flights and 109 flights that are now group strength of 1 instead of 2. What is occuring is that these top up flights are coming in as a group of 3 instead of 1. So it is problematic in 2 areas,first it can cause the axis to go over the plane limit of # of planes flying per mission and secondly wanted to see why the top ups are not recognizing the normal goup strength that was set in the Objects Specs table.

Hope I explained accurately what I have observed. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Badger
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Fixed in next version, as is the factory destruction problem under the Locked Production option.

Thanks Badger,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

WTE_Ikey

Post by WTE_Ikey »

Now that Malta is back up & running :

Am I right in being unable to select the number of available planes I wish to topup a unit & it'll just automatically use whats there up to max strength.

I had 2 fighters available & wanted to split them into 2 understrength units but they both were allocated to the 1st unit I commited for top up.
I'm not being given an option to pick how many .

What am I doing wrong now :roll: :lol:
cheers
Ikey
II/JG77Hawk_5

Post by II/JG77Hawk_5 »

Thats my understanding of how it works Ikey.
You are topping the flight up to max strength as specified in Object_Specs table.
So I guess first in is first served.
WTE_Ikey

Post by WTE_Ikey »

Ok Pete, I'll just have to micro manage it better from now on.
EAF331_Starfire

Post by EAF331_Starfire »

It been a while since I ran a campaign (HSFX4.11) but I was wondering if it is possible to merge sections within a Sqd.
It is not a big irritation when all the participants are humans but for AI flights planning gets messy :lol:
Waiting for HSFX 6 support ;-)
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

No Starfire, not possible directly. You need to withdraw the sections and reassemble them. This simulates the historical logistics and organizational systems.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer