Ground movement doubts

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

62_Anubis

Ground movement doubts

Post by 62_Anubis »

I have a doubt about this.

In my squad, we´re testing all the features of Seow to start a new inter-squad campaign.
We´re using the following options:
Truncate Grnd Movements: NO
Type of movement: Normal (for all types)
Mission Lengh: 2 hours

With all this settings, and after 1 1/2 hours of hosting a mission, we did the analysis and went to the web interface, and for our surprise, the ground units didnt reach the destination waypoint (which should have took them much less that 2 hours).
We also have set the max. duration for Grnd waypoints to 120 minutes.

Are you missing something?

Thanks in advance

Anubis
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Anubis,

Perhaps your platoon had its movement orders truncated by the "Maximum number of waypoints" limit. Have a look at
http://wiki-seow-en.swil.fr/index.php/D ... ovement.22. This setting is used to manage the size of mission files with many moving ground objects, i.e. it is a performance setting. The smaller the max number of waypoints, the shorter planned routes will turn out.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

On our experience, many factors can affect the real movements than the expected ones.
The way I use is to edit the mis built file with the FMB and check if the built movements were different than the planned ones.
22GCT_Gross
62_Anubis

Post by 62_Anubis »

Yes, but when playing against other humans, this last option reveals their units/moves (even without wanting it... you see that info).

Thanks for the response, I´ll do more tests taking notes of all the options used and will study the results.

Thanks!
PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

Bonjour Anubis,

In ours campaigns (2H00), I used 60 to 70 WP in FMB allowed when mission is buit to obtain good results (DCS --> Movements)

This depends of course of the map (crossroad's number, straight roads or not...)

If you set WP to 30 (e.g.), perhaps it would be not enough and units stop when WP#30 is reached.

But, more you increase the WP number, more you mis file will be heavy...

e.g Map Italy_Greece
2H00 mission
35 x air orders/side
30 x platoons orders/side
10 x flotillas orders/side
Database initialized = 2.5 Mo
Automatic AAA emplacements
10% static aircraft
No ballon & runways light
All industrials targets activated
#WP FMB = 70
==> mission file *.mis = 300Ko