Propaganda drops

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

JG6_Express

Propaganda drops

Post by JG6_Express »

Hi fellas,

I have a question on propaganda drop. I have read the wiki on it and it is staright forward. 2. At the drop waypoint, give it waypoint task "P" (Propaganda).

However, when I go to creating the propaganda mission, It never changes to a P command in the flight mode box, just stays at fly. My command choices are A,F,G, L, R, and W.

I am using Pe8 (4 of them in a flight) on a Kuban template I created.
On all the other commands the box will change showing whether it is a GA, Landing, or Recon, does Propagando need to also?
Your thoughts.

Thanks,
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

hello

For "Special Actions" (A,S,P,R) use only ONE airplane. Take off and landing at the same airfield if it is a partial flight. So, in template, it's better to have flight of 1 x C47, 1 x Ju52, 1 x Bf109G8reco ....
JG6_Express

Post by JG6_Express »

I went back and changed to one plane. It still says "fly" in the waypoint box where I want to make my propaganda drop. There is no (P) as a command choice.
I have reread the wiki and searched the forum but cannot find anything to help me with my problem.
Is it soemthing I needed to setup at the time I created the template?
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Express,

You can only drop supply or propaganda from "PTR" class aircraft, i.e. transports. I suspect your Pe-8 is a "PBO" class aircraft, i.e. a bomber.

Your choice is to do one of the following:

(*) Change the Pe-8 class (Object_Specifications table).
(*) Use a transport aircraft.

And, yes, Dore is correct that propaganda missions must be performed by a single (transport) aircraft.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

JG6_Express

Post by JG6_Express »

Thanks for the info m8. I'll go in and change the object class.
I have edited this post. I went in and changed the object class to PTR, saved changes, and went back to the mission planner.
It still just shows Fly in the waypoint when I finalize the mission.
I went and tried it with a known transport ie Ju52 and I never do see a (P) Propaganda command in the Task box. Does it still perform a propaganda drop even though I do not see a P in the task box, just a F?

Also do I leave the loadout at default?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Express,

How about this idea? Have you enabled supply in your campaign? If not, neither supply drops nor propaganda drops will be possible. Propaganda only affects unit morale, and unit morale is only defined if supply tracking is enabled.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

JG6_Express

Post by JG6_Express »

I see in the SEDCS that their is a tab called "Supply" with a checkbox for Enable fuel supply Tracking. I did leave that unchecked so that must be the case. I'll know better on my next template.

Thanks again for you help.