Ships cumulative damages not working

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

62_Anubis

Ships cumulative damages not working

Post by 62_Anubis »

As title says, in the SEOW we´re playing now, the ship damages don´t work. They do only for the human host. I´ve read that with HSFX 4.11 it´s solved, but the guy hosting, has confirmed that he´s got 4.11 :(

Then, searchin through the 242 Sqn, I´ve found a post about a hotfix for 4.11 which enables human damage on ships, but the link is broken.

Does anybody know where can I find it?

Thanks in advance
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Anubis,

I think you will need HSFX4.2beta. I'll see if I can find you a link.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

102nd-HR-cmirko

Post by 102nd-HR-cmirko »

hi guys,

I've made a torrent for HSFX 4.2b2, will let it run for next few days.....

http://161.53.204.25/test/HSFX4.2beta2.torrent

cheers
62_Anubis

Post by 62_Anubis »

Thanks for the link!!! I´ve already downloaded it but haven´t installed it yet.

I will give a brief desription of what I´ve done to have it working, is someone knows that this is wrong way, please advice!

Game specs (for both, server and client): Il-2 1946 + UP 2.01 "Switched to HSFX 4.11" + HSFX hotfix for 4.11 ver. 3.8

With this setup, only the host damage is logged in the eventlog.

Using JSGME, I´ve added 01_CumulativeShipDamage mod, again both in client as in server machines.

Now, non host-human impacts are logged correctly into the eventlog.

----------------------------------

Now a question about how it works in SEOW just to be sure that it´s working properly:

First mission: I attack the Marat using 1x500kg bomb impacting in Hull1 which gives me 0.65**** of damage.
Analyze the eventlog with SEDCS, and in the updated MP, I see the Marat as heavily damaged.

Second mission: 1x500kg bomb.
(Note: When approaching the Marat, no damage from previous mission is visible, the Marat appears to be intact)
I drop my bomb in the same place (Hull1) with similar damage points as in mission 1 (0.64***) and return to base. In mission, the Marat is still sailing.

Then, I analyze the eventlog again with SEDCS, and then in the updated MP, the Marat appears as destroyed.
My conclusion is that even that "in game" it appeared that it was only damaged in each of the 2 missions, SEOW added damages from Mis1 and Mis2 and designated the ship as sinked for mission3.

Is this the way it actually works??

Sorry for the long post, but I want to be sure about this because in the campaign we´re playing, we´ve been hitting the Marat for 3 consecutive missions and it appears intact in the next one, and it´s driving me crazy.

Thanks in advance
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Anubis,

First of all, IL-2 does not allow us to specify the damage state of a ship at mission start time, so all ships appear undamaged at the beginning of every mission regardless of their SEOW damage state.

However, because SEOW tracks ship damage separately, it DOES modify the shooting rate and speed of damaged ships. So, in your sequence of missions, the Marat should be shooting slower and moving slower in each subsequent mission until finally destroyed.

Also note that ships repair themselves at a similar rate that factories repair themselves, so it is possible to keep hitting a ship but never sinking it. You have to damage it faster then it can self-repair.

SEOW keeps separate track of the damage state of the so-called "vital chunks", Hull1, Hull2, Hull3 and maybe a couple of others. If you hit Marat in the stern in mission one, you will get a quicker kill if you keep hitting it in the stern in later missions.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer