Request: "Use HTTP Tunnel" in SEDCS

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

PhilHL

Request: "Use HTTP Tunnel" in SEDCS

Post by PhilHL »

Hello,

i request support for HTTP tunnel for SEDCS. With this feature it is possible to connect SEDCS to a mysql database on a webhoster of your choice.

This solves the 10060 connection error!

I tested it with Navicat and with the "ntunnel_mysql.php" which has to be uploaded on the webspace where the database is. Its working with no problems!

Maybe its possible without much work, if not, we will find another solution!

Thank you very much!

Cheers

Phil
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Phil,

I'll have a look at ntunnel_mysql.php. Thanks for the idea.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Well, getting the ntunnel_mysql.php script installed on the web site and operating with Navicat was absolutely trivial. However, I am not sure how to do it with the DCS. I can't see a way to get a HTTP tunnel going in VB .NET with the ADODB and ODBC connectors the DCS uses.

The option is to use something like dotConnect from devart, but that costs a little bit of money and would require a complete DB/SQL engine rewrite in the DCS.

Any neat ideas? HTTP tunnel documentation was very hard to find for Visual Studio.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

PhilHL

Post by PhilHL »

maybe connect first with navicat and then sedcs reads the the db from navicat?! is that possible?

cheers

Phil
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

I have added the Navicat "ntunnel_mysql.php" script to the MP4public code set now. This provides a very fast and easy way for Navicat clients to connect to MySQL servers co-located with MP4public installs, thereby bypassing the need for remote access "whitelisting" etc.

Thanks PhilHL for alerting me to this.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer