Adding Radar to an Existing Campaign

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

Zoi

Adding Radar to an Existing Campaign

Post by Zoi »

If Radar was not included in the template how would you add it after the campaign has started?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Wolf,

"Radar" has three common meanings:

1. SEOW Strategic Radar

This can be enabled at any time during a campaign by turning it on in the DCS "Radar" tab and selecting the "Radar Control" option for the Host Aircraft in the DCS. Then, for it to operate, each side that is to use radar needs to have Radar Chain Home High or Radar Chain Home Low objects on the map, or shipping that is radar enabled. These can be brought in as reinforcements during the campaign, or produced in factories etc.

2. Radio Navigation

This is a TD 4.10 feature and is automatic in SEOW. Radio nav beacons are like any other object, and can be produced in factories, or placed in reinforcement pools etc. Once they are on the map, they will operate until destroyed, mobile or out of supply.

3. In-Cockpit Radar

There is a Zuti feature that gives pilots real-time "radar" readouts on their minimap. This is not particularly realistic and is not recommended for SEOW use in historical scenarios. TD will probably release a realistic in-cockpit radar feature for late-war airframes (nightfighters etc) sometime, but there is no sign of this yet.

Cheers,
4Shades
Last edited by IV/JG7_4Shades on Thu 12 May 2011 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Zoi

Post by Zoi »

I don't know what I have done wrong but I only have aircraft available in the reinforcements?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Radar objects for SEOW Strategic Radar and for TD 4.10-style radio nav appear under ground forces (Army) lists in the Reinforcements tool (admin view) and inside the MP "Commission New Unit" tool.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Zoi

Post by Zoi »

Thanks I found the Army listing my clicking on the air supply :oops: