HOWTO set the weather in SEOW?

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

II/JG54_Emil

HOWTO set the weather in SEOW?

Post by II/JG54_Emil »

Hello for Shades and Hawk_5,

I read the Wind and Weather page for SEOW: Wind and Weather (TD v4.10) http://wiki-seow-en.swil.fr/index.php/W ... (TD_v4.10) and tried to adjust the database accordingly in the France campaign.

However, after the first mission flown there is no new weather generated. What and where´s the problem?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Emil,

In general, SEOW generates weather up to 24 hours ahead (so that the long-range forecasts can be defined). So it may take some time for new weather to be generated.

Now, to your specific problem, if the mission file contains no weather directives (no cloud or wind or gust etc) then it is likely that you have entered an incorrect value for some climate parameters, thereby breaking the weather data structure. More information is needed!

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Emil,

I had a look at the France Sector_Weather table and saw that it was missing wind information for the latest and subsequent missions. It looks like the new DCS is not updating that information yet. I added some by hand in the meantime.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil »

rgr, now it looks different and as expected.

Thanks for fixing this 4Shades.
Zoi

Post by Zoi »

So can I safely adjust the Sector_Climate at any point in a campaign? I don't really want rain and high winds in Spain.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Yes you can, but the weather is pre-generated up to 24 hours in advance (in order to calculate the forecasts) so any change may take some number of missions before it affects the weather you see in game.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Zoi

Post by Zoi »

Thanks Shades!