MP Mission Times

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

USN_Opus

MP Mission Times

Post by USN_Opus »

Hello all,

In DCS, we have mission length set to 4hrs. We are currently flying 3 missions a night so we must plan all MP moves for three missions.

I am now plotting my air moves for the second mission (first one was at 8am, second to be at 12pm). I was happy to see that MP automatically adjusts the available launch times to coincide with the DCS clock setting.

But, that's as far as it goes. Missions II (+4hs) is starting at 9am, not 12pm. If I set a mission to start at 4pm, it really only launches at 10am.

It seems that for every "step" into the future, we only get a 1 hour advance regardless of what the clock is set for.

Very odd and very worrisome.

Our campaign starts tonight and this might cause it to be cancelled.

Any thought? Very Urgent...
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Opus,

Very curious. Are you using the Clock Advance feature, perhaps?

If I set a mission to start at 4pm, it really only launches at 10am.
I'll ask a question to help me understand your workflow. How do you set a mission to start at 4pm? My workflow recommendation is:

1. Set the Mission Length.
2. Initialize template.
3. Plan all missions up to 12 hours ahead.
4. Build 8am mission. Host it, then Analyze.
5. Build 12 noon mission. Host it, then Analyze.
6. Build 4pm mission. Host it, then Analyze.

Is that what you did? I'm going to bed now, but others will probably be on SEOW HQ TS if you want to discuss this problem.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

USN_Opus

Post by USN_Opus »

Negative on the clock advance feature. As this is the first mission of a new campaign, I haven't got to that point yet.

Your workflow example was exactly what was done. The problem was when plotting the second move, in MP the drop down box for launch time showed correct (ie it referenced the "mission length" setting in DCS of +4hrs) but the first way-point ETA was set at 9am...1hr after the first mission.

I'd hate to have everyone plot their turn 2-3 only to lose them when the clock ticks forward 4hrs after sortie 1 is analyzed.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time today to test it...

Not a huge issue for today as we'll just run two missions with a delay in between sortie 1 and sortie 2 while the commanders plot their turn...As you know, we're running a bit of a hybrid system so I understand if we're the first to come across some of these issues.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Opus,

I have reproduced this bug - thanks for reporting it. Patch coming soon...

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

USN_Opus

Post by USN_Opus »

Great to hear Shades...Thanks!

One other bug I might have found during this process is a "delete mission" problem. When you select multiple missions to delete by checking the boxes, the "delete selected" button doesn't seem to register what's selected. Selecting just one and deleting it works fine, just not >1.

Again...no biggie...
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Grab the new patch (v4.762). Should fix the mission timing bug, but I couldn't reproduce the "delete mission" bug, so no fix there.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

USN_Opus

Post by USN_Opus »

Thanks a ton Shades...grabbing now...

I'll check on the delete bug some more. I know that another commander had the same problem so it wasn't just me...will post here if it happens again.