Things you should not do

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

Zoi

Things you should not do

Post by Zoi »

I had an AA gun in the middle of a runway, not from the template but from the deploy full strength function. I removed it right before we played the mission in the FMB and was unable to analyze the mission after it was flown. I got the following errors.

SEDCS::modDB.executeDBCommand: failed SQL ... INSERT INTO MissionData (Mission_Name,Duration,Mis_Time,Host,Theatre,Map,Mis_Date,Mis_Commencement) VALUES ('SE-Midway-194206040800.mis',0,8,'WarHawks', 'Midway', 'Midway', '4 Jun 1942', 'not hosted')
Error : -2147217900
Description : [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-5.1.53-community-log]Duplicate entry 'SE-Midway-194206040800.mis' for key 'Statics'

SEDCS::modUtilities.strMakeProperName: unknown mapping for in-game unit '133_Static'.
This is a bug!

SEDCS::modMissionAnalyzer.subProcessStationaries: 5 Argument 'Length' must be greater or equal to zero.
Error : 5
Description : Argument 'Length' must be greater or equal to zero.
PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

If you use "the deploy full strength function" you will have a large probability to have this problem.
If you want to use it, when you download your first mission, check all the airbases and move (not remove) these units in the middle of the runway. Do that in the mis file AND in the MP for next missions.
Last edited by PA-Dore on Tue 31 May 2011 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zoi

Post by Zoi »

Since editing mission files in the FMB is dangerous how about adding mods at the end of mission files in a text editor?
PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

Edit your mis file with HSFX5.01 FMB (the same game version with same mods as you fligh your campaign), do not remove any unit, just move it if need and save. There will be no issues.
You can do that also with a basic text editor without problem.

Do not add anything.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

And do not delete anything either!
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

VF-51_Cobraj

Post by VF-51_Cobraj »

I have had objects in runways before too. Just move them in FMB like said above. Our last mission had a smoking pile of crashed plane that made it to the next mission. I found objects in FMB and moved all off the runway with no errors. I have also made the same mistake by deleting stuff in the past which causes errors because SEOW has no destroyed info or placement info in the event.lst so errors pop like popcorn. :shock:
Regards,

Air Group 51 / 51 Group, CO
=Cobraj=

www.airgroup51.net
II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil »

Though I repositioned smokes and sirens and windsocks that were located on the runsway (after running the mission).

But still get the same error as above.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Emil,

You need to be much more clear - more information needed. Are you saying that you changed the mission file AFTER running the mission? And then you analyzed it and found errors? What were the errors? Did you analyze the mission twice?

What DCS version are you using?

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil »

DCS 3.3.9
I ran the mission and then got this error when analyzing:

Code: Select all

SEDCS::modDB.executeDBCommand: failed SQL ... INSERT INTO MissionData (Mission_Name,Duration,Mis_Time,Host,Theatre,Map,Mis_Date,Mis_Commencement) VALUES ('SE-Tora Tora Tora-194112071100.mis',0,11,'Kamikaze Emil', 'Tora Tora Tora', 'Hawaii', '7 Dec 1941', 'not hosted')
Description : [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-5.5.8]Duplicate entry 'SE-Tora Tora Tora-194112071100.mis' for key 'Statics'

SEDCS::modMissionAnalyzer.subProcessStationaries: 5 Argument 'Length' must be greater or equal to zero.
Then I read about the objects on the runway and that you should reposition them off the runway.

I did this after the mission.

I still get the error:

Code: Select all

SEDCS::modDB.executeDBCommand: failed SQL ... INSERT INTO MissionData (Mission_Name,Duration,Mis_Time,Host,Theatre,Map,Mis_Date,Mis_Commencement) VALUES ('SE-Tora Tora Tora-194112071100.mis',0,11,'Kamikaze Emil', 'Tora Tora Tora', 'Hawaii', '7 Dec 1941', 'not hosted')
Description : [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-5.5.8]Duplicate entry 'SE-Tora Tora Tora-194112071100.mis' for key 'Statics'

What to do?
II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil »

Ok I see now that, when updating the Mission Planer, I didn´t update the database tables.

4Shades updated it and now it works fine.

Thanks 4Shades!!! :D
Zoi

Post by Zoi »

I have just discover that simply opening a mission file in the FMB will automatically remove ships that have waypoints plotted through objects. Be very careful using the FMB I'm not sure what other automatic changes may be taking place.
Zoi

Post by Zoi »

Possible things not to do :D

Through trial and error I have discovered that checking the boxes that say Database Drop and Create may cause your backups to be incompatible between servers. I also discovered that not checking the Tables Drop box when checking the Create inserts will cause exports to fail when imported, giving the error message of duplicate lines.

The rather arcane nature of SQL lingo makes learning the simple process of maintaining a healthy campaign difficult for beginners.

Transferring databases between local and remote had me vexed. After hours of work I discovered that Unix system are case sensitive and windows are not case sensitivity. Windows systems case sensitivity must be set to 0 in the my.ini file although there is warning that this may cause corruption of indexes.
To fix this on XAMPP go to your my.ini file (e.g. inside C:\xampp\mysql\bin) and find the [mysqld] area.

Add to it the following line:

lower_case_table_names=0

restart your apache & mysql

now your table names are case sensitive even on a windows system.