bridge numbering changes from winter/summer maps?

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

=69.GIAP=ARTUR

bridge numbering changes from winter/summer maps?

Post by =69.GIAP=ARTUR »

Hi all. We are involved in a Stalingrad campaign right now. It is 6 summer missions and then 6 winter missions.

Here's what happened. We sent a couple bombers in to blow a bridge ahead of the enemy advance. As Ground Commander I advised I needed bridge 67 destroyed while I was looking in the Mission Planner.

The bombers looked up bridge 67 (not in mission planner, maybe FMB? I'm not sure) and flew there during the mission and killed it. But when the mission got reported the bridge they blew was like 5 grid squares away in the middle of no where.

Now the question they raise is this: If I'm looking in MP and say blow bridge 67. Then they look at the winter cersion of the map and find bridge 67 (which is not in the same grid square as it was in MP). They fly to it and blow it.

What happens? Does the real bridge 67 in the grid square I want destroyed happen? Or does the actuial bridge in the different grid square they flew to get blown?

Did I explain this correctly?
C!
ARTUR

VT-51_Thud

Post by VT-51_Thud »

Posting here in case it may be related. We too are on the Stalingrad map and just switched from Summer to Winter. For some odd reason after last nights mission (AG51-=69.GIAP) I'm seeing destroyed trains that are ending up way off course far away from any railroad tracks. Both sides seem to be effected.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi guys,

Please tell me your game versions (TD/HSFX/UP) and revision numbers, and your SEOW versions.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

VT-51_Thud

Post by VT-51_Thud »

Greetings 4 Shades
We're on SEOW Mission Planner v4.759
HSFX 5.01

If you need to see the MIS file please PM me an email addy of I can post a PM link for you.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

and your DB and DCS versions?

Note that there is a Stalingrad Winter map in your MP that may also be useful.

Basically the latest mod maps in HSFX/UP/TD have been updated by people interested in DF flying. In some cases they unintentionally re-ordered highways, railways and bridges on some map variants (winter/summer). I contacted some of the map people and they were uninterested in the effects their changes had on SEOW and were not willing to help to fix it.

You might consider remapping your Sector_Seasons table to use summer all the time, or swap entirely to Stalingrad_Winter if that is better.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

VT-51_Thud

Post by VT-51_Thud »

Sorry for the delay in replies 4Shades. I'm working this weekend so I havn't had time to follow-up with Cobraj. I believe both are the most current release for the DB and DCS but I need to confirm with him.

I posted your last reply on our forums and I believe the decision is to just finish out the summer map.

Do you believe this is Trout's problem too? I did notice a bridge down that was way off with no value added to destroy so I'm assuming this to be the problem too.

Also, my apologies 4Shades I should have noticed this added info in the MP:

http://www.airgroup51.net/SEOW/MP4publi ... P-Maps.php
II/JG77Hawk_5

Post by II/JG77Hawk_5 »

I did the most recent data capture on Stalingrad and confirm that a lot of the bridges are indeed different in numbering between summer and winter versions and as 4Shades stated, efforts were made to correct this but to no avail.

That is one of the reasons why the seperate winter map and database was made.

Where there is a map that has both summer and winter versions no guarantee can be made, indeed it is probably unlikely, that bridge data captured from one season map will be totally accurate for the other, especially when they are new/modified maps.
The original IL2 Balaton maps are a good example of this and shows even stock standard IL2 has some variations in bridge numbering between summer and winter maps.

Cheers,
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Adding to 5's comments, earlier on in SEOW and IL-2 history the maps with summer and winter versions were not found to cause problems with bridge/road numbering. This problem seems to have arisen in the last year or so as many stock maps were modded and included in various game versions without checking at the level that SEOW demands.

The SEOW contributors do their best to keep abreast with all the changes, but there is no guarantee...

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

VT-51_Thud

Post by VT-51_Thud »

I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you to try to keep up with all the demands and changes that have transpired since the Mod frinzy started. :shock:

Thanks for the feedback.
=69.GIAP=ARTUR

Post by =69.GIAP=ARTUR »

Hey Thud. Just FYI DD_Trout was my old handle I started at Ground Zero with. But it's me =69.GIAP=ARTUR.... trying to shoot you down every Thurs night!

Big Thanks! to 4Shades for the feedback and continued efforts with SEOW. Without it I'd probably not be flying IL2 anymore.

Thanks! :D
C!
ARTUR

VT-51_Thud

Post by VT-51_Thud »

LOL.....too funny. I'm the one with the big red target on my wings dragging the sign saying "Shoot me!"