Current issues with SE.

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

III/JG3~Siggi

Current issues with SE.

Post by III/JG3~Siggi »

Aloa and all that jazz. :D

I remember when SE was in early development some years ago, and I have to admit I never thought I'd see it looking as it does today. What a piece of work! And I just discovered the stats area about half an hour ago ("What a shame they haven't got an RPG component in place to match the excellence of the other bits...oh, glory be to god, they have!")

Truly mind-bendingly awesome stuff chaps, it's exactly what you always said it would be. And with Brigstock's and Shade's very generous help (Brigstock especially, for staying up with me one night until 5am in the morning, working on the server setup), I have a copy up and running.

I've been playing around with it, generating missions and running them etc, to see how it all works. I have some stuff?

query:

I've flown in a bunch of the missions for the current map I'm testing (Stalingrad), but each time I check in the stats it says no human pilots have flown. I thought maybe I wasn't flying far enough (was doing straight take-off and landings), so I flew all the way to the first waypoint on the last one but still now't in the stats for my flight. :?

Edit: Corrected an entry in IL2's config, per Brig's suggestion, but still no joy.

Don't know if this is a bug I've found, on the Stalingrad map:

Latest issue, when testing my own Normandy template I keep getting the error message when trying to give planes missions: ?Error Airfield name not defined?.

I've tried both AI and flyable with airstart, up to seven waypoints before landing. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks chaps, I'll keep posting as I find stuff. 
III/JG3~Siggi

Post by III/JG3~Siggi »

I'm going to install the new version, so all the above is now moot. :)
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hmm, curious Siggi. Must be some kind of setup error on your machine, since lots of people are using it fine.

Let us know how you get on with the latest version. :)

4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer