Units moving for longer than an hour....

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

Loon

Units moving for longer than an hour....

Post by Loon »

Again the Moscow map.
I can set units movement for 60 minutes max. Mission started at o'clock time. i saw units moving five minutes after the next hour o'clock time.
Do the units disband out from the runway after the 1 hour road march even if it is done five minutes after the 1 hour time?

Thanks. :wink:
JAGD_RC

Post by JAGD_RC »

Basically when you set waypoints in the mission planner, SEOW calculates or estimates the time it will take to reach that waypoint. But it may be a little different when you run the mission. Most times the MP is very good at estimating time.

Remember too if you are using complex ground movement. The MP takes the distance between point A and point B of your waypoints and estimates the time it will take for your units to move that far.

But then when the complex ground movements adjust the waypoints to follow the road, that may add a km or 2 to the distance and change the time the unit will reach that waypoint.
The MP won't tell you that, but if you remember it when setting waypoints you will be able to get your units to the battle on time with no problems.

Hope that helps.
Ala13_Nachote

Post by Ala13_Nachote »

Hi

The bad thing is when the ground unit have not finished his travel at the end of the mission, this unit is not available to move in the next mission.
May be the solution would be make a new option for truncate ground units movement at the end of the mission ( like the ships options ). However i dont know how hard may be implement this.

S!
Loon

Post by Loon »

Thanks, Jagd
:wink: