new old radar :)

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

_1SMV_Arden

new old radar :)

Post by _1SMV_Arden »

Hello everyone,
I wrote a small applet that reads files from radar Seow and simulate an old radar screen.
I leave you the link of demo if you would be interested: http://www.1smv-wings.it/radar

when I finished willingly release the source code to anyone who requests it.

All the best!

Arden
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Arden,

That is beautiful! Hopefully the background image is configurable. I noticed that the radar sweep seems to get stuck near the top each time.

Very nice,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

II/JG77Hawk_5

Post by II/JG77Hawk_5 »

Wow that looks really good!! Great work.
PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

Great ! How it works ? Using the radar folder of HSFX? How configurate the background map (XY size)?
_1SMV_Arden

Post by _1SMV_Arden »

Thanks!
Sorry for my bad English, I use the translator of google because I can not speak well!

@ 4Shades
when the radar sweep comes up is the update with the search and reading of files ... will optimize the reading:)

@ Dore

on the web page there are many parameters to be configured, including the location of the image, size, how many sectors must remain hidden to use only a portion of the map, the radio noise, locally or remotely, brought into the vertical (altitude above the which does not recognize contacts), friend or foe, speed ... etc etc.
you can see them looking at the source of the web page, others are hidden for now.

locally directly reads files in the directory RadarLogs, and has the ability to configure many files to keep in memory.
remotely (eg. on a web server) has the need for an additional script in PHP (which I can send you if you want to experience it) that is responsible for updating the data file via FTP and a player that takes the active script on your browser .

If you have any suggestions to improve it is welcome!

Ciao

Arden
PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

Thanks for infos.
"altitude above the which does not recognize contacts" is a nice feature.
_1SMV_Arden

Post by _1SMV_Arden »

PA-Dore wrote:Thanks for infos.
"altitude above the which does not recognize contacts" is a nice feature.
actually you can also specify a minimum, but the radar HSFX be either 0 or 1000, and then planes flying at 500 meters may not be seen, so I removed this function.
now if you set a maximum quota (eg. 6000) contacts appear more faded gradually approaching that altitude.
If you believe there is a better way to represent the range in height in a realistic way would make me very happy.
102nd-HR-cmirko

Post by 102nd-HR-cmirko »

excellent addition :)
_1SMV_Arden

Post by _1SMV_Arden »

IV/JG7_4Shades wrote:Hi Arden,

That is beautiful! Hopefully the background image is configurable. I noticed that the radar sweep seems to get stuck near the top each time.

Very nice,
4Shades
Reading the file is now in a separate thread and no longer influences the radar sweep animation. Thank you.

Arden
_1SMV_Arden

Post by _1SMV_Arden »

Development proceeded slowly due to lack of time ... : (
Test current:
a permanent connection to a public server Dog in Hyperlobby (mc200_vs_Tomahawk, only mission "3_MC200_vs_Tomahawk.mis") visible on the page "www.1smv-wings.it/radar/server_3.html"

Happy New Year everyone!
_1SMV_Arden

Post by _1SMV_Arden »

Development proceeded slowly due to lack of time ... : (
Test current:
a permanent connection to a public server Dog in Hyperlobby (mc200_vs_Tomahawk, only mission "3_MC200_vs_Tomahawk.mis") visible on the page "www.1smv-wings.it/radar/server_3.html"

Happy New Year everyone!
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Much smoother!

Happy New Year!

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil »

Happy new YEAR!!!!!!!