ObjMissionData

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

Zoi

ObjMissionData

Post by Zoi »

I want to allow commanders to use there float planes as if they were gliders. If they land on land can I go in and delete them in the ObjMissionData so that they just don't show back up at their base in the next mission? I have set the units that the floatplanes can carry like small vehicles with a 1 in paratroop column and made the floatplanes transports. We then established a rule that all transports have to land toggle smoke and sit out the mission. That works fine for planes that can takeoff and land anywhere like the Li-2 but the floatplanes present a special problem.

For planes like the Li-2 is there a way to have them fly from the point they landed at in the previous mission?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Zoi,

Only seaplanes can land anywhere and take off from that location (a "sea transit" point) in the next mission. The reason for setting this feature up was that most seaplanes had extremely long endurance, so they should be able to cover routes requiring many missions duration, e.g. up to 24 hours for PBN/PBY.

I am not so sure about C-47 variants etc.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Zoi

Post by Zoi »

Well I should have tested the seaplanes I only tested the cargo planes. So in theory cargo planes could behave the same way. Interesting
Zoi

Post by Zoi »

Ok I changed some C-47s to PSE type objects. Sure enough they deploy in next mission at the plotted landing point. Very cool! Now I need to know what kind of possible weirdness this could casue? Can I change them midway through a campaign. It didn't seem to cause any problems in my test. Still need to see if they can now land at an airfield and I'm guessing the answer is no based on the fact that when I sent my flight back to land they didn't seem to know what to do. Mission planner no longer allows for plotting to land at airfields but I'm testing solutions. Simple answer is of course human pilots which will be needed anyway to land in pastures or deserts.
Zoi

Post by Zoi »

Ok found one weird thing the AI don't lower their gear so they land in one piece but without props. In the next mission they returned to their airfield. In this test I was the fourth plane. When I flew lead in the previous test they started at the temporary airfield in the next mission, I assume because I landed safely without damaging my plane.