Global fuel consumption rate

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

Zoi

Global fuel consumption rate

Post by Zoi »

Will changing the global fuel consumption rate effect the calculations of fuel used by planes in flight? In other words will the rate affect what is available at it's airfield when it is not static?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

I think Global Fuel Consumption only applies to ground vehicles/units and ships.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Zoi

Post by Zoi »

I plan on eliminating all off map fuel in my next campaign so I have built a spread sheet to determine fuel needs.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21640706/Fuel.zip

My plan is to force commanders to use Tankers for all their fuel needs.

I also want to add multiple withdraw and resupply points to simulate long flights. Commanders will have to send planes to a withdraw point from which they can airstart in the next mission but I don't want the fuel to be topped up. This will also give commanders a realistic ability to strike at unknown times and from unexpected directions.

The goal is to design the campaign in such a way that fuel supply is easy to manage yet realistic. For example I plan on allowing bunny hopping of supplies as there will be little ground movement. I hope to do this by placing fuel trucks randomly around the island to move supplies without actually moving the trucks. Careful management of seaplanes will be needed to insure that they can return to a fuel source. Other planes like fighters will not be able to move from resupply point to resupply point due to limited range.