Adding Aircraft Directly to an Airfield

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

Zoi

Adding Aircraft Directly to an Airfield

Post by Zoi »

To avoid the playability limit I would like to add aircraft directly to airbases.
Is this posiblle?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Zoi,

Once the new flights are commissioned (e.g. through a supply point) you can transfer them to the airfield of choice simply by setting their positions (Start_X_Axis, Start_Y_Axis) in the ObjMissionData table equal to the landing point of the desired airbase.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Zoi

Post by Zoi »

Wow I would never have figured that out. Thanks Shades!
Zoi

Post by Zoi »

What we were wanting to do is have a campaign that skips, some mission is 1940, 1941, and 1942. Could I build an sql file to bring new things onto the map in each year? I'm not sure what the mission name field would contain but could it be the template mission? Of course it would be nice to have the right date but I'm afraid that would cause problems as the missions are tracked in other tables.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Could I build an sql file to bring new things onto the map in each year?
Yes.
I'm not sure what the mission name field would contain but could it be the template mission?
Not recommended.

Why not put ALL objects from all years into the template and initialize the campaign. Then go through the ObjMissionData and simply change the Mission_Name field for the later units to "1941" or "1942" as required. Those units will disappear from the campaign because the Mission_Name field is invalid. When you want to re-introduce them, just change the Mission_Name field back to a valid mission name. You may have to do something similar for any of the relevant units in the Combined_Unit_Status and Ship_Damage_Status tables.

When you want to skip forward a year, you will need to do a clock advance (24 hours to repair industry and bridges), and then go through various tables to change the date:
Combined_Unit_Losses
Combined_Unit_Status
MissionData
ObjMissionData
Sector_Status
Sector_Weather (this could be tricky)
Ship_Damage_Status
Task_Forces

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Zoi

Post by Zoi »

Thanks Shades! I'm going to have to test this out. My goal is to make it easy for the planners and admin.