MP Problem with some sectors

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

=69.GIAP=KOSHKA

MP Problem with some sectors

Post by =69.GIAP=KOSHKA »

Some sectors load with error on Korea map, there is no unit iocons and no left hand menu additionally you get following error.

Please HELP ! :)

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Koshka,

You will need to supply a lot more information than that to give us a chance to help you.

MP version
DCS version
DB version
Is campaign initialized?
Are other sectors affected in MP?
Any DCS bugs noted?
Any DB customizations used?
etc

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

=69.GIAP=KOSHKA

MP version - SEOW Mission Planner v4.794
DCS version - 3.3.9
DB version - SEDB33C
Is campaign initialized? Yes
Are other sectors affected in MP? Yes few districts affected, full HD map works perfectly fine.
Any DCS bugs noted? Negative
Any DB customizations used? Modified loadouts, specification, factories (removed most of them)

I created new php file with new jpg for this sector but it also fails with same error. Tried changing display roads and railroads to false but still same error.

Korea Sectors Affected:

Sector-E
Sector-F
Sector-BCEF
Sector-ABDE
Sector-JKLMN ( Different error = expected ")" )
PA_Steiner

Post by PA_Steiner »

Hi all.

I think it's due to the use of neutral control point. When I zoom in a part of the map that contains control points neutral, I also get the same error.

Sorry for my English :oops:
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

It may also be that someone entered a Pilot Report or a Mission Plan using an unusual text character, or used a strange character in a unit name or something like that.

From Steiner's report, I'd say disable the neutral control point. If that doesn't fix it, and the error only occurs for one side (blue or red), then consider deleting pilot reports and planned missions for that side.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

=69.GIAP=KOSHKA

PA_Steiner wrote:Hi all.

I think it's due to the use of neutral control point. When I zoom in a part of the map that contains control points neutral, I also get the same error.

Sorry for my English :oops:
You might be onto something here Sir , i have 2 neutral control points there. Is there any way i can keep them neutral or i need to assign them to red/blue ?
PA_Steiner

Post by PA_Steiner »

I think there is a bug with neutral control points.

The variable "imggif" not initialized correctly when it is a neutral control point, so the error occurs (lines 5068-5099 MP-Head.js file - SEOW Mission Planner v4.806).

=69.GIAP=KOSHKA wrote:You might be onto something here Sir , i have 2 neutral control points there. Is there any way i can keep them neutral or i need to assign them to red/blue ?
Koshka, the solution I found is assigned to one of the teams (red / blue) :wink:
=69.GIAP=KOSHKA

Yeap , case of beer going your direction Steiner :)

Although changing assignment didnt work. I had to remove them. Could it be that i need to perform action with SEDCS like build mission or analyse for this to work ?

S!