Feature Request

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

Zoi

Feature Request

Post by Zoi »

I have been tweaking the recon settings but getting nowhere. I tried increasing the max gain etc. but ships still show up as ? marks after recon flights. It would be nice if capital ships would show up with 100% recon and things like transports 60% recon after a single flight. Surely capital ships could be ID-ed at several kilometers.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Yes, they can be identified reasonably easily. However recon intelligence also determines the location. So 100% recon gives full affiliation data AND exact location data.

If you want 100% recon after one photo, then you need to adjust recon gain, recon decay and recon scale parameters to ensure that photo events operate in the way you want.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Zoi

Post by Zoi »

The problem is that making those adjustment will affect recon for objects not as easily identified on land. I may be missing some thing here? Are you saying that ships are more easily identified in the existing code? If so that is not what I'm finding in my test.
Zoi

Post by Zoi »

http://seowhq.net/seowforum/viewtopic.p ... ight=recon

This thread covers the coding of recon function, if anyone is following along.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Are you saying that ships are more easily identified in the existing code?
No, all objects are treated the same. What I am trying to say is that even if you know 100% where a ship is now, you should not know 100% where it is in an hour's time. Even if it has remained stationary, as an opposition commander you will not know that it is in the same place until you go to look where it is again. Therefore your uncertainty always increases with time.

SEOW tries to simulate these myriad complexities by the simple recon decay model.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Zoi

Post by Zoi »

SEOW tries to simulate these myriad complexities by the simple recon decay model.
This whole discussion is based on the fact that I often have to rely on large numbers of AI planes in my campaigns due to the lack of human participation. It has is downsides and advantages. If most of the slots in a campaign are human pilots then there really is no issue. As it is I will adjust the required recon required to target ground and sea units based on the number of human pilots and accept that the overall logic is sound.

Thanks Shades