Feature Wish

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

II/JG54_Emil

Feature Wish

Post by II/JG54_Emil »

I´m reworking the technics.ini and want to bring it to historical standarts.
Historical standarts very much depend upon battle doctrines and battle doctrines depend on situations.
It may well be for example that a 7.5cm PaK 39 penetrates 73mm armor at 2400m but it only has a hitpropability of 22%. Firing from that distance would mean a waste of ammo. For this reason the Germans seemed to open fire only when the target crossed the 50% hitpropability line.
(Idecided to use 50% hitpropability as line for all artillery.
MG´s use effective range and in vehicles they get a mobility malus of 1/3 the effective range
.)

Some tanks like IS I - 85 wouldn´t be hurt on an frontal by this calibre.
Therefore in certain situations on the eastern front the order was givven out to open fire only at 60m distance and only when the enemy tanks were passing the hidden PaKs.

Also other properties may have varied depending on the situation and the order.

To simulate this I thought it might be a good idea to use the "historical standarts"-technics.ini as a basis for these modifications.
I.e. it would aways be possible to a commander to lower the values in the technics.ini, like speed firing distance, cadence, etc.. Armor will of course always be fixed.

To make this easy to a commander I wondered if it wouldn´t be a nice feature to set these values for available unit in the Mission Planer and let the DCS spit out a technics.ini that could be activated via JSGME?
Zoi

Post by Zoi »

Unless this feature comes with a large readme it will be useless to me :D
II/JG77Hawk_5

Post by II/JG77Hawk_5 »

To make this easy to a commander I wondered if it wouldn´t be a nice feature to set these values for available unit in the Mission Planer and let the DCS spit out a technics.ini that could be activated via JSGME?

:!:............ :idea:........... :D .......... :wink:
II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil »

:!:............ :idea:........... :D .......... :wink:[/quote]

:shock: :shock: :?: :?: :?:

can you come again?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

I think I can translate Hwak_5's comment.

I am writing a technics.ini editing/processing tool for the MP right now. I'll show it to you if you drop by on TS some time. :D
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil »

Wow this is the siychronisity of thought!

Perfect! :D :idea: :idea: :idea: