Maximum Playability Limit for Indirect Artillery

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

IV/JG7_4Shades

Maximum Playability Limit for Indirect Artillery

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi everyone,

I am testing out how many howitzers we can have in a mission before HSFX goes bonkers. I am using ML-20 howitzers in Rocketry mode, on the stock Kiev map in the rain.

50 OK
100 OK
200 OK
439 OK

Alright, I give up. It seems pretty solid. My tests also had 75 SU-85 tanks mobile at the same time as the artillery firing. My frame rates were 25 fps in cockpit on an average rig.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Zoi

Post by Zoi »

Thanks for sharing, these kinds of test and their results are something we all should share as it makes campaign design easier.
Classic_EAF19

Post by Classic_EAF19 »

How about a database of previously played campaigns and the playability settings that were found to work?
Zoi

Post by Zoi »

I'm kind of lazy, how about we upload our templates somewhere so people can look at them.
II/JG77Hawk_5

Post by II/JG77Hawk_5 »

There is the template sets that are held at SourceForge but I'm not sure that 4Shades still maintains that as there are more maps now days and many more campaigns have been run. The templates there are reasonably old I think but maybe 4Shades will post new additions there?