Please someone help me install this!

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

Is your mp on the web?
22GCT_Gross
Riksen

Post by Riksen »

Yes it is
Riksen

Post by Riksen »

Can it be related to my browser??? Im using IE 9
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Have you set the value of the $IconLocation variable correctly in MP-Configuration.php?

Code: Select all

//This MUST be a web server virtual absolute pathname - it CANNOT be a Windows pathname
$IconLocation="/SEOW/MP4public/uniticons/";
By the way, concerning database connections, you should never need to edit MP-Connection.php by hand. That is what the GUI of MP-Admin.php is for.

Cheers,
4S

PS: You can drop by HQ TS. (89.163.173.82:9988, ps "seow")
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Riksen

Post by Riksen »

Thanks Shades... I figured it out. The images r showing up now.... What i dont get it yet is how to make aircraft flyable by humans..... i managed to create a campaign and use the MP to create missions and all, but when i launch it they always come with only one plae, which is the server one
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Riksen,

It should be straightforward. I guess you have to choose the right timeslot to run the flights. Perhaps there is a game issue too.

Are you hosting the mission with HSFX?
Did you enable HSFX Mods in the campaign settings?
Did you choose a flyable airframe?

These things are all solved pretty easily usually.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Riksen

Post by Riksen »

Wowwwwww.... It worked.... I somehow managed to do it.. Thxs 4Shade
Time to have fun now!!! lol
Riksen

Post by Riksen »

Last question I promise lol.... How do i get the DSC to run a coop dedicated server like the one u guys mentioned at the SEOW wiki created by rnzoli?
Riksen

Post by Riksen »

4Shades in addition to that you mentioned in the SEOW wiki that one could simulate AI controlling of missions requests:

"One essential difference between SEOW and other IL-2 online wars is that there is no computer-generated movement or opposition (although computer-generated opposition can be scripted if desired). "

How do I do that?
22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

Riksen wrote:Last question I promise lol.... How do i get the DSC to run a coop dedicated server like the one u guys mentioned at the SEOW wiki created by rnzoli?

1. It's not so easy to do, it's better you first become able to handle the seow system
2. you should ask rnzoli for that.
22GCT_Gross
Riksen

Ok thxs again

Post by Riksen »

Ok thxs man... well i got it working but when i generate a mission it and in the aircraft screen of the game a get a message with something like MOS-slot: wrong call sign and empty aircraft spots... Im able to select a spot to fly the "empty aircraft" if i first check wich one it is by pressing arming button.... Why are they invisible? Is it something i did?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

wrong call sign
You have the "Coop Mod Slot" feature enabled. This only allows people to join whose player callsigns have specific prefixes. The prefixes are listed in the Coop_Mod_Slot table (you can customize them to your own purposes).

If you aren't bothered about using this feature, disable "Coop Mod Slot" checkbox on the Files/Misc tab of the DCS. Then to fly your mission you have two options:

Tools:Undo the Build, and then do the normal Build again

or

Open the .mis file in a text editor and delete the Coop Mod Slot section at the end of the file, save and fly.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Riksen

Post by Riksen »

Ok.. Got it! Thxs 4Shades......

Time to fly now .... :D
Riksen

Radar

Post by Riksen »

Guys, if u could help me again... The campaign is working nice and all but somehow I cant get the radar to work. I created a folder according to the instructions. I created a folder in the C:Program files(x86)/Ubisoft/IL-2 Sturmovik 1946/Radar/RadarLogs and im running HSFX 6.0 and I also created Radar objects in the template via FMB before initiating the campaign. When i get to the radar control center as admin i dont see any objects at all while running the mission. Did i do something wrong?
II/JG77Hawk_5

Post by II/JG77Hawk_5 »

Maybe you need to run IL2 as Administrator so it can write files to that location being in a C:/Program Files(x86) sub directory?