Ground Observer

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

NNFFL=Cerkaire=

Ground Observer

Post by NNFFL=Cerkaire= »

Hello,
Is there a way to use this kind of feature in SEOW ?
I've got this message at the initialisation.

Code: Select all

SEDCS::Unknown Stationary unit type: vehicles.stationary.OBS$OBSUnit. Check template compatibility with your HistorySFX Mod setting in the "Campaign Modes" tab.

:roll:
Zoi

Post by Zoi »

Basically all the command and control features in HSFX are for single player mode including the ground observer objects. It is possible to use cameras and assign them to one side or the other but that is not going to work for the AI. The other option is to have humans in ground vehicles fill that rule but again that means no AI interaction.

Hopefully someway to incorporate real time intel into the functions of the AI both ground and air will come along but there are bigger issues that need solved first.
Last edited by Zoi on Thu 25 Apr 2013 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

The SeDb60_reference database seems missing the object you invoke.
I catched it from Sedb33b version:

Try to add the following values into Object_Specifications table (first you have all field names -the last is "Notes"-, then the values):

"Object_Type"	"Number_Name"	"Object_Class"	"Command_Control"	"Morale_Influence"	"Transport_Capacity"	"Supply_Only"	"Transport_Weight"	"Tow_Glider"	"Tailhook"	"Paratrooper"	"Parachutes"	"RadioSilence"	"Normal_Group_Strength"	"Control"	"Mobile"	"Stationary"	"Inactive"	"Speed"	"Range"	"Max_Speed_SL"	"Max_Speed"	"Max_Speed_Alt"	"Max_Speed_Ceiling"	"Fuel_Capacity"	"Drop_Tanks"	"Ceiling"	"Refueling_Time"	"Recon_Capacity"	"Engagement_Range"	"FPS_Range"	"Gun_Arc"	"Naval_ROF"	"Crew"	"Nationality"	"Verbose_Names_Allies"	"Verbose_Names_Axis"	"Service_Date"	"HistorySFX"	"Radar"	"Notes"
"OBS$OBSUnit"	"0"	"VRI"	"0"	"0"	"0"	"0"	"50"	"0"	"0"	"0"	"0"	"0"	"1"	"AI"	"Infantry.1-AxisInfantry"	"vehicles.stationary.OBS$OBSUnit"	"vehicles.stationary.OBS$OBSUnit"	"6000"	"0"	"0"	"0"	"0"	"0"	"6"	"0"	"0"	"1"	"0"	"0"	"0"	\N	"1"	\N	"n"	"Observer"	"Observer"	"19390901"	"1"	"0"	\N
And the following in the Object_cost

"Object_Type"	"Purchase_Cost"
"OBS$OBSUnit"	"2"
22GCT_Gross
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Following on Gross' suggestion, use "OBSUnit" as Object_Type in Object_Specifications and Object_Costs tables, and use "Infantry.1-AxisInfantry" as the Single_Mobile_Form.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Zoi

Post by Zoi »

So I read the HSFX notes wrong the command and control features can be used in multiplayer?
NNFFL=Cerkaire=

Post by NNFFL=Cerkaire= »

Yeeahhaaa :D
It works great :D

Thank you very much 22GCT_Gross for your suggestion and the other for your quick answer.

I just turn the type into Spy for more readability on the map :o

This kind of unit is very usefull when we don't play with radar and give a part of news flight route strategy. We put this unit into town and airfield so we must make route without this spot point. It's fun :P
Zoi

Post by Zoi »

Additional clarification please on this :shock:

http://www.242sqn.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... a6d4ecc481
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

So I read the HSFX notes wrong the command and control features can be used in multiplayer?
Some of them work in multiplayer, some of them don't. Some of them are not consistent with SEOW-style realism, some of them are. Use at your own risk.

All I did in the post above was suggest a minor correction to Gross' suggestion.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

We have successfuly used the Coastal Watcher IL2 feature in a massive seow campaign. We have never used the ground observer feature.
22GCT_Gross