Remote Access to DCS

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

VT-51_Thud

Remote Access to DCS

Post by VT-51_Thud »

Greetings all. Sorry if already posted. I've been out of state for a few months training for my new job and having to manage the DCS remotely. What I have found out by staying in three different hotels is that in addition to updating each new location's IP for remote authorization you also have to supply a new log-in and password to the SEOW database. I've noticed that creating a new ID/password or deleting and reloading the original works best. Just resetting the existing password doesn't appear to work.
I have also confirmed this through several other trouble reports posted on MySQL forums.
Hope this helps someone.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Thud,

I think your topic refers to remote connections to the DB server (MySQL) when using the DCS from different locations.

Unless your MySQL server is hidden behind CPanel, you should be able to set up a remote connection account that works from any location/host, e.g.:

login: seowremote@% (the % sign means "from any IP address")
password: whatever you like

If your MySQL is hidden behind CPanel, then yes you will need to add your new host address to the CPanel Remote MySQL whitelist first.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

VT-51_Thud

Post by VT-51_Thud »

Greetings 4Shades. Yes, it's behind CPanel. I set the new IP in the Remote access table first and it did not allow access. Once I created the new login, both Navicat (which I now only use to determine connectivity) and the DCS connected.
Riksen

Tutorial

Post by Riksen »

Is there any tutorial on how to do this?
Riksen

Remote control

Post by Riksen »

I just created a user "seowremote@" with the % as instructed but how do i fill up the fields for connection in the DCS from the remote computer?

In the server address i put the external ip of the server, in server login name i put seowremote@ and the password and then the database name... But no connection... what am i doing wrong?
Riksen

Post by Riksen »

Do i need to estabilish a connection with something like MYSQL workbench first in the remote computer?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

You don't need to establish a separate connection first, DCS is like any other application. However there are two issues:

1/ Can your PC connect the to remote MySQL server (router access, firewalls etc)?
2/ Do you have the correct login credentials to establish an authorized connection (password, database name, permissions etc)?

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Riksen

Post by Riksen »

I got it to work Shades ... thxs for the enlightment :lol: