Kingdom of the Black Pelican Campaign

For all you devotees of this campaign based on Hergé's classic story.
IV/JG7_Warg

Kingdom of the Black Pelican Campaign

Post by IV/JG7_Warg » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:05 am

G'day,

Will be seeking to run more campaigns during the quiet downtime between missions of the current Taifun campaign. Have some initialised and ready to be flown. Latest one is:

Details
Template Name: Kingdom of the Black Pelican
Lvov map.
1939 Planeset. (similar to Spanish Civil War era)
Run on SEDCS 3.2
Template based upon fictional Balkan nations of Borduria and Slydavia from the popular Tintin comic/cartoon book series by Herge. Circa. Ref. Spring 1939, King Ottokars Sceptre. Both sides are evenly balanced in numbers and equipment quality. i.e. both sides get to fly crap aircraft.

Requirements.
242 Sqn SFX History Pack using all the bells & whistles of this very advanced and accurate version of IL2.
Skin pack for Bordurian and Syldavian airforces.

Commanders.
Bordurian (Blue): Brandle or whoever he delegates authority to.
Syldavian (Red) : 4Shades or myself.

Talk to 4Shades, Brandle or myself for passwords for who you'd like to fly for and required skinpacks.

Other campaigns in being or about to start.
Under the Libyan Sun (Cyrenacia map) - think we're waiting on Mac to put some blue missions in before flying.
Schelschnitt II (Ardennes map) SEDCS 3.1.2 - needs Brandle or Doc to plot blue.

Regards,
Warg
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:45 am

Delighted to be a part of this. Count me in on the Syldavian side!

4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:00 am

I'm on BLUE for a change.
PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:32 am

I would like to participate. No importance for side, I'm able to be Dupont or Dupond :wink:

(--> Quizz: Do you kwow how to differenciate Dupontd?)
IV/JG7_Warg

Post by IV/JG7_Warg » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:44 pm

Gee, it's own seperate forum for this. Should have called it "the Pelican Brief"

Anyway, Hi there Dore,

Am not sure of what "Dupont" or "Dupond" means, but I've made up a paint skin pack for the respective Bordurian and Syldavain airforces. Bordurian markings are represented by a red peace symbol on a black circle background. Those of Syldavia are a black pelican on a yellow square background. Both airforces use some similar (though not the same) models of equipment. For instance, Borduria uses the Gladiator Mk.II & Blenheim Mk.IV, whilst the Syldavians use the Gladiator Mk.l & Blenheim Mk.I & IF. Additionally some aircraft are known by different names, such as Avia 71 & 71 bis for the SB2-100A & SB2-103 or the BR.20 for the DB-3B (IL4-DB3-B). Both forces use deratives of the Czech Skoda Lt-35 tank, with Borduria having the Pz.35t (red & black flag on back), the Syldavians with the R2 (yellow flag on back). Will try to get the packs and passwords out, once I have your email addresses.

Anyway Dore, I'll put you down as red for now, if thats okay with you.

So far the list of participants are:

Bordurian : Brandle, Ikey, Guest?

Syldavian: Warg, 4Shades, Dore

Regards,
Warg
IV/JG7_Warg

Post by IV/JG7_Warg » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:46 am

Missions are in for the Syldavians.
WTE_Ikey

Post by WTE_Ikey » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:39 am

:oops: Guest = me
PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:59 pm

It's OK for me :lol: what time GMT for this campaign and what day?

--> The answer:

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:57 am

Oh okay.

Got it now, its Thomson and Thompson the inept detectives. Hi Dore, there's no particular day or time set for this. I'll need your email address, so that I get some paintskins and password out to you.

Regards,
Warg
PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:35 am

WTE_Ikey

Post by WTE_Ikey » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:01 am

Any ideas where the skins go for the Bf109 E1 & the I16's ( type 18 is ok,just the others).

I dont have folders for them in Paintshemes/Skins but the models are there in game.

cheers
IV/JG7_Warg

Post by IV/JG7_Warg » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:58 am

Hi Ikey,

You'll need to create these folders. In this template, am using the following folders:

Bf-109E-1
Bf-109E-4
I-16type5
I-16type10
I-16type18

Also be sure that you have:
I-15_m22
I-15_m25
Breda65
BlenheimMkIF

I'll try to run a DCG sometime to test the skins as well.

Regards,
Warg
Doc

Post by Doc » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:34 am

Count me in - Syldavian (Red).
The holidays are over - now the real fun begins!

Cheers

Doc
WTE_Ikey

Post by WTE_Ikey » Wed May 27, 2009 8:12 pm

Starting to look at this at last but a small request before getting to far into it.
Can all the supply withdrawal points that are not relevant to this campaign be removed ?. There's just too many & its doing my head in :)

Edit:
1. Checking costs ,if supply to only be done by supply columns ,is there a % damage on columns so supply can continue albeit reduced ?

2. aircraft plotting .Sometimes the details of flight altitude & speed arent showing anything but waypoints are on map.I'm having to clear them & start again or hit refresh. Not happened yet in Taifun campaign.

3. Moving Bunkers , do they become trucks in transit ?

cheers
Ikey
IV/JG7_Warg

Post by IV/JG7_Warg » Fri May 29, 2009 3:07 am

Hi Ikey,

Am no longer whitelisted, as my IP has a mind of its own. I'd like to set it up on my server (http://warg.game-host.org/SEOW/MP4/Scripts/default.php) and will ask 4Shades to email the relevant database files so I don't have to start from scratch. That way can make quick adjustments, build and analyse missions.

Did go through the cost table, though not as in greater depth as in the Fall Blau notes. Think I left ground forces as is, but aircraft costs were based upon a rudimentary calculation of engine horsepower and fuselage build type. i.e. wood or metal. As for costs of partial destruction, think this is caterred for in SE and automatically calculated. Not sure on the aircraft plotting issue, but settings page indicates the speeds and ceiling policy. Didn't intend to have the bunkers as movable. I regard these as prepared, fixed fortifications that cannot move at a moments notice. I've sited them in positions where they offer effective defensive fire. Will review database to ensure that they can't be moved, but may consider it possible for the small bunkers only. In later templates may regularly use this if they can be converted to and from the new infantry units. I've taken note of the industrial numbers on both sides. Can balance scenario through factory production points or reinforcements placed in off map supply points. Please note that there is a fair amount on map, before this becomes a critical issue. Will also look at cutting the number of offmap supply points when I review the database.

Regards,
Warg

Return to “The Pelican Lounge”