Hosting Results etc

For all you devotees of this campaign based on Hergé's classic story.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Hosting Results etc

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:59 am

The first Pelican mission has been flown and reported.

Due to a very large Chief and Stationary count in the first mission built, yielding a mission file of 440 kB, the ObjMissionData table was thinned out (by reducing Quantity values) and the mission was rebuilt. This time it was only 250 kB and was just able to be hosted on my aging machine. This file size is about double the typical Taifun Smolensk mission size.

For me, the FPS was low, averaging 8 fps for the first 60 minutes. This low value was partly due to the heavy fog in the Lvov morning. As the sun gets higher the fog will lift and so will my fps. Even so, I think we have good information about the feasible maximum size of the order of battle.

Details were:
40 active aircraft in total
81 moving ground objects
1758 stationary objects

A couple of other things caught our attention:

1. I need to rename all skins by putting a "$" sign in front of them. I will do this in the database, but all pilots must rename all their Syldavian and Bordurian skins accordingly. The reason for this is that skins with "$" as the first character are recognized by IL2 as skins that require no national markings, as our pelican skins are intended to be used.

2. Warg was pleasantly surprised to see a friendly train moving in the mission. Hooray!!!

Interesting mission, with some nice dogfighting and various strategic bombing etc.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
IV/JG7_Warg

Post by IV/JG7_Warg » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:50 am

Yes, I spoted a small brown blob moving along the line and upon closer inspection noted it to be the 4Shades Express (an armoured train) from Peticoat Junction on the way to the front. For me, a series of dogfights, first jumped by Doc's Falco's and latter ran into some Bordurian Emils. Unfortunately brushed wingtips with a smoker after finishing a firing pass on him. 4Shades had an uneventful bombing trip and believe Ikey had some fun navigating the Lvov map. It is a maze of rivers. Doc fell in battle with the Syldavian Moranes. Reading from the stats, I'd say that the higher fps could also be caused by the hectic frontier battle going on during the first mission. Hopefully this will be less so now that unit numbers are somewhat thinned out after the first hours of the conflict.

Warg
Doc

Post by Doc » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:04 am

The re-run ran very smoothly on my pc. Navigation could be a bit of a problem - need to fly the map offline and find a few notable waypoints. I was no.3 so it was easy, but leading would have been tricky as finding where I was on the map was not easy!

Great start though and really enjoyable, inspite of letting myself get separated and out-numbered by Warg's mob.

Thanks for setting this up Warg - love the plane set - not flown some of them much but that makes it even better.

Thanks to Ikey for doing the initial plotting as I was away at the time.

Cheers

doc
I am, therefore I think.
La vie est une histoire vraie!
WTE_Ikey

Re: Hosting Results etc

Post by WTE_Ikey » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:38 am

IV/JG7_4Shades wrote:
2. Warg was pleasantly surprised to see a friendly train moving in the mission. Hooray!!!

Lets hope he's surprised next mission when its blown off its tracks, IF we ever find it ! :lol:

Yep , also enjoyed the mission. This could pan out as a long campaign if we're not careful.

Cheers
Ikey
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:56 am

The second Pelican mission has been flown and reported.

Emil sacrificed his racy new aircraft in a brave attack on an armoured train! Aren't trains wonderful?

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:36 am

Third Pelican mission was again a bit too heavy for me to host and fly successfully. I have made the following changes to campaign settings:

(1) Reduced aircraft parking percentage from 15% to 10%.
(2) Industrial targets are only activated by GATTACK orders.
(3) Enforced Landings is OFF.
(4) Reduced platoon movement limits from 40 platoons to 30 platoons per mission for each side.

We'll see how this goes.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
II/JG77Hawk_5

Post by II/JG77Hawk_5 » Thu May 06, 2010 12:20 pm

Sorry for delay in stats for the last mission guys.

Mission built and played ok.

Stats page after analyze doesn't want to load on my server and results in blank screen but DB status and events log looks ok at first glance.

Used DCS 3.2.8 as usual referring to local copy of HQ DB for build and analyze.

Very late (ie early morning) here now so will have a look later tomorrow.
All sorted and found problem at my end due to outdated Stats version.
Got the latest public release and then all worked fine.

Uploaded and stats are there all ok.
II/JG77Hawk 5
SEOW fanboy of dubious repute
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Thu May 06, 2010 10:26 pm

Ta guys. I've been unwell for a few days, so I am glad you stepped in and kept the ball rolling.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
II/JG77Hawk_5

Post by II/JG77Hawk_5 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:53 am

09:00Hrs mission was hosted Thursday night ok. Built with v3.2.14 and all was fine.

Latest stats posted on SEOWHQ MP.
II/JG77Hawk 5
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:43 am

I have updated the Transport Weight and Capacity settings to SEDB32F default values (in kilograms), and changed the Supply Unit Weight value to 1 (litre per kilogram). This means that some transport units on each side are currently overloaded with supply; if that causes a problem let me know and we can scale them down.

Otherwise, all ready to go!

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
II/JG77Hawk_5

Post by II/JG77Hawk_5 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:09 pm

01:00Hrs hosted ok but got an unusual message during analyze.

SEDCS::modDB.executeDBCommand: failed SQL ... UPDATE Railway_Stations SET Supply_Holding = Supply_Holding-20 WHERE Station_Name = 'Ustshiki-Dolne'_Station' AND Map = 'Lvov';
Error : -2147217900
Description : [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-5.5.12]You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '_Station' AND Map = 'Lvov'' at line 1
II/JG77Hawk 5
II/JG77Hawk_5

Post by II/JG77Hawk_5 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:33 am

Tried the command manually and yes the ' character is not valid as it thinks you have closed the field text.
Removed this from the station name and the query ran ok after renaming station. Removed ' from all station names that had it to ensure it doesn't happen again.
II/JG77Hawk 5
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:22 pm

DCS change should fix that.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
WTE_Ikey

Post by WTE_Ikey » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:06 am

OOPs posted incorrectly
WTE_Ikey
The Chimpmeister