Phase I Battle of Holland BOH

Discussions on Badger's campaign set on the West Front 40 map.

Moderator: JG26_Badger

JG26_Badger

Phase I Battle of Holland BOH

Post by JG26_Badger » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:00 pm

The purpose of this thread is to discuss Phase I of the campaign. Due to the large area of the IL2 West Front 40 map I have decided to break down the campaign into different phases. Phase I will be the Battle of Holland BOH which will be from May 10, 1940 until May 16, 1940. At the conclusion of Phase I we will start Phase II " Across the Meuse" BOF which will be from May 10, 1940 - May 16, 1940. Accordingly, during Phase I of the campaign BOH all commanders must restrict any planned movements to row 17 and above (row # 17-34) in the SEOW mission planner. No ground,air, or rail movements can be planned to row 16 or below.

Below is a brief description of the victory requirements during Phase I.

Phase I Battle of Holland
DATE: May 10, 1940 (0400hrs) to May 16, 1940 (0000hrs)
Axis (Blue Team): Army Group B

MAJOR VICTORY: Penetrate Vesting Holland
1. Seize and hold bridges across the Rhine river and seal off Dutch Army North (off map), Amsterdam. This can be simulated by winning control pts of Arnhem, Nijmegen, Utrecht, and Leiden. When 3 of these 4 cities are captured and controlled (held for one mission) this strategic objective will be achieved.
2. Seize and hold Den Haag, Rotterdam for one mission or capture or kill Queen Wilhelmina. Either one of these objectives will force Dutch forces to surrender immediately. Objectives must be achieved by May 16, 1940 0000hrs
3. Seize and hold Antwerp this will cut off Allied forces in the south from the Dutch Army. Any allied forces north of Antwerp will be forced to surrender and will be captured.
4. Seize and hold Brussels and Antwerp for one mission (no later than May 16, 1940 0000hrs), or kill or capture King Leopold II. By completing either of these objectives will end Belgian resistance, forcing Belgium to surrender and all Belgian forces are captured.

MINOR VICTORY: Achieve objective #1 and #3 on May 16, 1940 0000hrs.

Allies (Red Team): Netherlands, Belgium, France (7th Army only), Great Britain RAF

MAJOR VICTORY: Defend the Grebbe line and Peel Raam line.
1. Defend the southern flank of the Dutch Forces fighting in the north (North Holland, Flevoland, Freisland, Overijssel, etc). Must maintain control of 2 both Dutch Cities of Utrecht, and Leiden May 16, 1940 0000 hrs (midnight).
2. Control Den Haag, Rotterdam, and Queen Wilhelmina is alive on May16, 1940 Midnight
3. Control Antwerp, Breda and achieve both #1 and #2 above on May 16. 1940 Midnight
MINOR VICTORY: Defend Vesting Holland the Waterline.
1. Defend Vesting Holland by control of the cities Leiden, Den Haag, Rotterdam, Dordrecht and survival of Queen Wilhelmina on May 16, 1940 0000hrs.

If neither team is able to achieve any of the defined Victory Conditions, we will use total victory points to determine the winner of that particular phase. Victory points are derived from a combination of points gained by capturing key locations like control points, ie. key cities, airfields, railway stations, supply points etc. Victory points are also tallied from factories destroyed, port facilities destroyed, and industrial targets destroyed or captured. Losses of material such as aircraft, aircrew, pilots, officers, and % of armor lost also can have a factor in awarding victory points.

Commanders: This SEOWHQ Campaign is designed for all participants to be afforded the opportunity to assume a command role and thus contribute to the overall campaign experience for all of the participants. The amount of commanders per side is flexible, with the idea that every participant will be assigned a planning/commander role within the campaign.

S~
JG26_Badger

Return to “France 1940”